Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Otterbox Defender

OP terrapin69

25th April 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

209 posts
I have had two of these cases now for my Moto X and each one, there is a NOTICEABLE gap between the screen and the built in protector. I've used the defender on various Samsung devices and never noticed this...Is this just the way it is? should I pop out the built in protector or do you think this is defect? Like I said, I've had it on 2 from different sources.

Thanks all
27th April 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,660

12,375 posts
More
Most people pop them out I think....I did. That screen is the only cheap thing about the case. Then go naked or get a different screen protector.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
27th April 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

161 posts
More
Which source you have had those screen protector ?
30th April 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin69

I have had two of these cases now for my Moto X and each one, there is a NOTICEABLE gap between the screen and the built in protector. I've used the defender on various Samsung devices and never noticed this...Is this just the way it is? should I pop out the built in protector or do you think this is defect? Like I said, I've had it on 2 from different sources.

Thanks all

I think the gap is always there for this model. And the screen protector is extreme (but so is the rest of the case). I can't swipe down to list my notifications with the defender case on.
The other problem I have with the defender is its really hard to take off. I switch my SIM card between my Moto X and my Dell Streak. I only use the defender when I'm sure I won't be switching phones and when I go for a hike or something like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaggiesStreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

209 posts
UPDATE>>>>
The Otterbox, while an AWESOME company, missed the boat with this one - The constant need to double tap entries and the inability to depress the "P" killed me and I ordered the Trident Kraken - Half the price on the "ZON" and the built in is perfect, so far...
5th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kyle, TX
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
More
My defender, while a great set of protection, is failing at the thin strip of rubber over the charging port. It has ripped in a strange way, kind of looks like a bubble in the rubber. I use it constantly as I do a lot of outdoor activities and can deal with the screen protector quirks.
25th May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

21 posts
I have the grey/white defender. There is a gap between the screen and the protector... ive read that you can either put a screen protector under it ... or remove it. When I removed it on my atrix hd defender, it left residue on the screen and it still hasnt come off. I think it came from the adhesive on the case..

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread