XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Powerdock for Moto X with Otterbox Commuter case

Tip us?

scoobaspeaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default Powerdock for Moto X with Otterbox Commuter case

Is anyone using the Otterbox Commuter case with the Powerdock for Moto X? I am thinking about buying this but I do not want to remove the case every time. The site says you don't have to because it allows for 2MM thick case...thats not much room

Motorola Moto X: Stock Android 4.4.2 with Xposed framework
Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX: CyanogenMod 11
------------
Tablet:
Motorola Xoom LTE: CM11
Nook Color: CM10
Nook Tablet: CM 10
------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

eldiablo2us
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've been wondering the same thing. But I went with the defender case..,

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

icelus1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just curious if anyone has been able to test the dock with the Otterbox Commuter case. I just got this phone and case this past weekend, but I missing having it docked while at work.

scoobaspeaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Well the answer to my question is no. It will not fit UNLESS you cut off the bottom flap of the otterbox case that covers the power charging port.

Motorola Moto X: Stock Android 4.4.2 with Xposed framework
Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX: CyanogenMod 11
------------
Tablet:
Motorola Xoom LTE: CM11
Nook Color: CM10
Nook Tablet: CM 10
------------
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Butcher98
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I have this dock and I can set my phone on it with the otterbox on. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HY...dir=1387820700

The Following User Says Thank You to Butcher98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icelus1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher98 View Post
I have this dock and I can set my phone on it with the otterbox on. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HY...dir=1387820700

Thank you for the recommendation. It's also available at TigerDirect for a bit less: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ey=YYi1-KV8071

It's a bit more than I wanted to spend, but if it's something that will last for awhile, regardless of my phone or its case, I may give it a shot.

Butcher98
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I got it at best buy for like 20, may want to check their site. Bought it in Sept for my Rezound but works even better with the X

The Following User Says Thank You to Butcher98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrpbulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Well the answer is don't do it, I did. I bought two docks and two cases , 1 each for me and the wife. The Moto X in the case did not fit on the dock.

I have no issues removing the Moto X from the case to put it on the dock at night (I did it with my Note 2 and it's dock). But my wife wants simplicity and the dock I bought her is going back.

Additionally, the otter box dock is several times hard to remove and I hope over time it gets easier. My former galaxy note 2 and otter box commuter case were easy to use.

I considered buying a thinner case but that won't work, she's tough on phones.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaspeaz View Post
Is anyone using the Otterbox Commuter case with the Powerdock for Moto X? I am thinking about buying this but I do not want to remove the case every time. The site says you don't have to because it allows for 2MM thick case...thats not much room