Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ToastMade Wood Backs

OP WinDroidGuy

9th May 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #71  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
"developer edition", cool...
13th May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #72  
Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 15
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Thumbs up My Toast Ebony Moto X
Though I would post pics of my Toast-Made Ebony back on my White Moto X. I've been impressed with the Toast back, very nice. The small "edge" on the sides of the back I "sanded" smooth with my fingernail. Can't even tell it's a aftermarket back IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ekrIEJm.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	2741691   Click image for larger version

Name:	dOshhcV.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2741692  
The Following User Says Thank You to Slick52 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #73  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick52

Though I would post pics of my Toast-Made Ebony back on my White Moto X. I've been impressed with the Toast back, very nice. The small "edge" on the sides of the back I "sanded" smooth with my fingernail. Can't even tell it's a aftermarket back IMO.

That's neat looking

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
21st September 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #74  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
698 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Anybody order with Custom Text? I would like to see text size on back cover. Will the word "TOAST" be deleted if i order with custom text?
21st September 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #75  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis

Anybody order with Custom Text? I would like to see text size on back cover. Will the word "TOAST" be deleted if i order with custom text?

You can get that removed for $5 I think it was

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
21st September 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
698 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinDroidGuy

You can get that removed for $5 I think it was

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for quick reply. I am thinking to order Walnut with custom text
7th November 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #77  
Senior Member
Flag Minas Tirith
Thanks Meter: 33
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Can't decide between Walnut or Ebony for my black Moto X
12th December 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #78  
JeySee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 325
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Angry My Toasted X
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol

The cover uses very strong 3M adhesive, it's a one time application. Once the adhesive touches anything, it sticks permanently. You pretty much have one chance to install it and if its crooked there is no way to correct it except buying a new one. To remove it, you need to heat it up with hair dryer to a fairly warm temperature, it's easier if you wear gloves and have someone to help you, the adhesive is strong so you may damage/break it in the process. The adhesive residues won't damage the phone back however. You can use alcohol and rub your finger over adhesive residues to remove them.

If you are feeling lucky, you can put a qi charging receiver in between it, but you need a thin one so you won't see the outline. Problem is the thin one I found is only 500mAH so it takes a long time to charge (4hours for the full battery.). Also even with all those layers, NFC still function without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenosis

Anybody order with Custom Text? I would like to see text size on back cover. Will the word "TOAST" be deleted if i order with custom text?


I liked the idea of Qi Charging my X and hiding the receiver under the Toast cover (ebony) is an awesome idea, thanks eksasol.
I already had a wooden back & if I choose to return to go back to my original, Iīd just remove the new one. Atm Iīm realy happy with it, I have both ways to charge my phone, although Qi charging takes some time longer! Over night though it loads to 100%.
I bought the receiver here: goo.gl/28Q1FJ & I bought the Charger here: http://goo.gl/3PgLH4

kenosis, I think the custom text is choosable in size and font. Take a look here: http://goo.gl/ms8nNm
Here are some pics, the color is a little bit more dark (like on the last picture & the wood feels more real than the original one.
One thing i regret is the M sign is gone because the qi charger is in the way. I didnīt have a Motorola sticker, so i just placed another sticker on the qi charger.
The phone feels a little bit heavier and thicker but I like it that way, this now realy feels like a wooden back and i finaly have qi charging
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast01.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	3060394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast02.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	3060395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast03.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	3060396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast06.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	3060397  
16th December 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #79  
kyzn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pasig
Thanks Meter: 38
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeySee

kenosis, I think the custom text is choosable in size and font. Take a look here: http://goo.gl/ms8nNm
Here are some pics, the color is a little bit more dark (like on the last picture & the wood feels more real than the original one.
One thing i regret is the M sign is gone because the qi charger is in the way. I didnīt have a Motorola sticker, so i just placed another sticker on the qi charger.
The phone feels a little bit heavier and thicker but I like it that way, this now realy feels like a wooden back and i finaly have qi charging

What case are you using? I haven't found a case that only protects the sides, I like the feel of the Toast back. It would be a shame to cover it.
16th December 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #80  
JeySee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 325
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzn

What case are you using? I haven't found a case that only protects the sides, I like the feel of the Toast back. It would be a shame to cover it.

Try searching for ( MOTO X Bumper*) on amazon or eBay

The Following User Says Thank You to JeySee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes