Trident Aegis

OP Solutions Etcetera

22nd February 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Thanks Meter: 165

867 posts
More
Just got one of these... pretty impressed.

I have had 4 cases so far (had a half dozen or so for my Nexus 4; none I was happy with) with my Moto X:

Otterbox Commuter: Too hard to take on/off, lousy buttons, slippery.

Amzer Pudding: Meh, buttons not so good.

Incipio Dual Pro: Love it.

Trident Aegis: This is one pretty beefy piece of silicone. While the plastic out piece is not as grippy as the almost candle wax feel of the Dual Pro, it has a better texture than the Commuter, and enough silicone in the middle and corners (with a nice little ear) to make the phone quite grippy, without it sticking to your pocket.
Not quite as easily put on/off as the Dual Pro, but much easier than the Commuter due to no outer hard shell going over the buttons.

Buttons feel just as positive as the Dual Pro. This is definitely my case for the golf course, hiking, and anywhere else I think it may get knocked around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solutions Etcetera For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
Hey man great overall summary. Would you happen to haircut any pictures of the phone inside the cases? Would love to see how they look.

Sent from my XT1055 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 73

415 posts
Lazy-Link

Any opinions on the headphone jack? I run a Poetic case because I like the spacing of the headphone jack such I can easily plug into my car without taking off the case.
24th February 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha-niner64

Lazy-Link

Any opinions on the headphone jack? I run a Poetic case because I like the spacing of the headphone jack such I can easily plug into my car without taking off the case.

Headphone jack has a very easily removed cover that moves well out of the way. But the diameter of the case above it doesn't seem like it would support a wide connector (I can measure if you want).
The Following User Says Thank You to Solutions Etcetera For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #5  

415 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera

Headphone jack has a very easily removed cover that moves well out of the way. But the diameter of the case above it doesn't seem like it would support a wide connector (I can measure if you want).

Appreciate it. I went ahead and took pictures to give you a good idea. In terms of numbers: I'm hoping for around a 15mm clearance; whether it is at least feasible to trim the hole to make it so.

http://imgur.com/yBb6yvw
http://imgur.com/VbHG5P8
24th February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

867 posts
More
Quote:

Appreciate it. I went ahead and took pictures to give you a good idea. In terms of numbers: I'm hoping for around a 15mm clearance; whether it is at least feasible to trim the hole to make it so.

http://imgur.com/yBb6yvw
http://imgur.com/VbHG5P8

Oh no... unless that plug has an abnormally long sleeve, it would never fit.
24th February 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #7  

415 posts
Alas....my search continues.
24th February 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

867 posts
More
Quote:

Alas....my search continues.

Why is that plug so large?
24th February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 347

1,285 posts
More
You could always get a short extension cable with a smaller plug.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
24th February 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 30

180 posts
I have the Seidio Dilex case w/ holster, and really like the look of the Aegis case better, but the lack of an available holster makes it a non-starter. Does anyone know if the Aegis case works well (or at all) with the Seidio holster? The dimensions listed on the Trident web site indicate that the Aegis case is 0.15" taller than the Dilex, but that's probably from the "points" at the ends, not the center - where the clip would hold the case in the holster.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread