Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 49,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FXZ] Moto X CDMA GSM Google Play Edition 55 Languages (Unlocked Bootloader)

Tip us?

abuttino
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I understand.. I was just wondering what is required to make it actually work

Joseluize
Old
Thanks Meter 5
What's new in the (23/07/14) update?

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

elessarelfstar
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize View Post

Looks like it may have been the inclusion of touchless controls. That wasn't in there before, correct?

Q9Nap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseluize View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessarelfstar View Post
Looks like it may have been the inclusion of touchless controls. That wasn't in there before, correct?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=268
The Following User Says Thank You to Q9Nap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orky87
Old
(Last edited by orky87; 27th July 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
OP, any hope for us with XT1052 unlocked model? Really like your approach but is it safe to flash?

Edit: What are "other carriers with non-standard radio configuration" from description page?
SAMSUNG | nexus S I9020XXKI1
SlimBean 4.1.2
Marmite v8.6 MTP

Q9Nap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orky87 View Post
OP, any hope for us with XT1052 unlocked model? Really like your approach but is it safe to flash?

Edit: What are "other carriers with non-standard radio configuration" from description page?
why would i post files that are unsafe to flash? do you think i want to listen to a bunch of people complain about how i ruined their devices?
developer edition devices are virtually impossible to permanently brick. pretty much the only way you could permanently brick would be to corrupt the bootloader by flashing an erroneous file to its partition, and even a corrupt bootloader is repairable.
the problems with cross flashing arise when people flash gpt, motoboot, and NON-HLOS images.
flashing only logo, boot, and system, which these FXZs do, is always revertible.

you could flash any of these builds to sprint or republic wireless devices and they would likely boot, but would not have radio signal.

added a build for the xt1060 4.4.4 to the op.
-in 4.4.4, the mms apk is required for even basic sms to function in hangouts, so mms is now included by default
-added additional languages to the base build, so the fxz is now all in one
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Q9Nap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orky87
Old
(Last edited by orky87; Yesterday at 01:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap View Post
why would i post files that are unsafe to flash? do you think i want to listen to a bunch of people complain about how i ruined their devices?
developer edition devices are virtually impossible to permanently brick. pretty much the only way you could permanently brick would be to corrupt the bootloader by flashing an erroneous file to its partition, and even a corrupt bootloader is repairable.
the problems with cross flashing arise when people flash gpt, motoboot, and NON-HLOS images.
flashing only logo, boot, and system, which these FXZs do, is always revertible.

you could flash any of these builds to sprint or republic wireless devices and they would likely boot, but would not have radio signal.
Thanks for the explanation, I dug up your other posts regarding gpt partitions and upgrade workarounds it's very well presented, but I still lack that technical understanding to tie it all in with my unlocked eu model. Will my device function properly (particularly the radio) if I flashed this ROM straight through recovery, or will I still have to follow your other flashing procedure.

BTW, I wasn't questioning your responsibility or attention to detail, but rather compatibility of this ROM on my XT1052 device. Thanks.
SAMSUNG | nexus S I9020XXKI1
SlimBean 4.1.2
Marmite v8.6 MTP

Q9Nap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orky87 View Post
Thanks for the explanation, I dug up your other posts regarding gpt partitions and upgrade workarounds it's very well presented, but I still lack that technical understanding to tie it all in with my unlocked eu model. Will my device function properly (particularly the radio) if I flashed this ROM straight through recovery, or will I still have to follow your other flashing procedure.

BTW, I wasn't questioning your responsibility or attention to detail, but rather compatibility of this ROM on my XT1052 device. Thanks.
there is a section in the op titled "compatibility" that i would recommend reading.

i don't know whether your radio will work with the generic gsm build; it probably will if it is standard gsm, but the only way to find out for sure is to try. you unlocked your bootloader for a reason, right?

these are fastboot files, not recovery flashable roms, hence the link to instructions for flashing fastboot files.

if you decide to try it, i'd be interested to hear whether the radio works...