5,597,138 Members 44,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Locked Bootloader Root Discussion (Developers Only)

Tip us?

wturner859
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
I just got my VZW moto X 2 days ago... System update said I was up to date... Yesterday I tried the root method in original moto X development forum... And it worked... Unless I somehow don't have the latest Ota... But it said I was up to date... Am I missing so me thing here? According to what you guys are saying, I shouldn't have been able to root... I can't find the latest ota build number to know if I'm on it... But like I said, it said I was up to date before I even rooted... But here look...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

thepolishguy
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by wturner859 View Post
I just got my VZW moto X 2 days ago... System update said I was up to date... Yesterday I tried the root method in original moto X development forum... And it worked... Unless I somehow don't have the latest Ota... But it said I was up to date... Am I missing so me thing here? According to what you guys are saying, I shouldn't have been able to root... I can't find the latest ota build number to know if I'm on it... But like I said, it said I was up to date before I even rooted... But here look...

Your system is up to date. Verizon hasn't got the update that breaks root. So that is why you didn't have any problems. DON'T accept the update if you want to keep root.
ROM supporter. HTC Imagio. Original Droid. Moto Droid X. Samsung Galaxy S. Sprint Nexus S. Samsung Droid Charge. HTC ThunderBolt. Samasung Galaxy Nexus. Samsung Galaxy Note2. Samsung GalaxyS4. HTC One. MotoX. MotoX Dev Ed.

Dark9781
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:

That is because Verizon hasn't released an update for the Moto X yet. All Verizon phones still have the original firmware from the launch of the device.
Need Cloud storage? Try dropbox today. Just click on the link below to get started.
Dropbox
--------------------------------------------------------------
Can you see my memories?

wturner859
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
At least one good thing came from vzw making sure they stick their fingers in all updates before they get pushed out, huh?

thepolishguy
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
At least one good thing came from vzw making sure they stick their fingers in all updates before they get pushed out, huh?

Yeah. They are waiting so long so they can patch the root exploit. In the meantime everyone is getting the phone and rooting before the update.
ROM supporter. HTC Imagio. Original Droid. Moto Droid X. Samsung Galaxy S. Sprint Nexus S. Samsung Droid Charge. HTC ThunderBolt. Samasung Galaxy Nexus. Samsung Galaxy Note2. Samsung GalaxyS4. HTC One. MotoX. MotoX Dev Ed.

core720
Old
Thanks Meter 982

DONATE TO ME
is there any way to unlock without losing the warranty?

Motopocalypse: Motorola bootloader unlock script is compatible with our device?
EPSILON PROJECT - Motorola Atrix - Motorola Razr - Samsung Galaxy S2 - Samsung Galaxy Note - Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC One X - Galaxy Note 2

The Following User Says Thank You to core720 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nhizzat
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by core720 View Post
is there any way to unlock without losing the warranty?

Motopocalypse: Motorola bootloader unlock script is compatible with our device?
Yes there is. Buy a DE Moto X.

In regards to Motopocalypse, I have no idea.

Flip35
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
I just received my Moto X(verizon) it was already up to date but i guess ill be able to root also im gpnna post a pic of my info

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1387576959457.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2465805  

duncanidahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhizzat View Post
Yes there is. Buy a DE Moto X.

In regards to Motopocalypse, I have no idea.
Tried Motopocalypse actually ran, probably just needs a little adjustment for the moto x. Haven't had the time to explore it, but it actually seems to be compatible with the moto x.

FeaR_x_KhAoS
Old
(Last edited by FeaR_x_KhAoS; 22nd December 2013 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanidahoe View Post
Tried Motopocalypse actually ran, probably just needs a little adjustment for the moto x. Haven't had the time to explore it, but it actually seems to be compatible with the moto x.
did you have write protecton enabled when you ran it ? and was this on 4.2.2 or 4.4 ?
Phones - Moto X XT1060 ( Rooted stock )
- HTC Droid DNA S-OFF ENG HBOOT
- DROID Razr HD XT926 Unlocked