FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KIT] - Restore Moto X to Stock without RSD Lite

241 posts
Thanks Meter: 389

By jlink38, Senior Member on 8th December 2013, 02:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all,

Came from the Nexus 4 forums, just recently picked up a VZW Moto X. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1, and RSD Lite doesn't work on it. I wanted to restore to 4.2.2 and then later after rooting, back to 4.4 stock and RSD Lite wouldn't see my phone, but adb and fastboot would. I made a quick script which will restore your Moto X, after of course, downloading the correct firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost_rcica/list.php. This is tested working on VZW and if there is enough interest, I can make more for the T-Mobile and AT&T versions.

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the kit zip. It includes install.bat (the script), mfastboot (found on a file share site, if someone is due credit for this please let me know and I'll update) and adb. with associated files.

2. Download and extract your Moto X firmware.

3. Drop the files from the kit in the file with all the extracted Moto X firmware files.

4. Ensure your phone is backed up, if applicable.

5. Plug your phone in and make sure the drivers are loaded (install Motorola Device Manager if needed).

6. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder with your Moto X firmware files and the files from the kit.

7. Type
Quote:

install.bat

and wait for process to complete. Note the system install takes a bit longer than the rest, as it is a big file.

Please feel free to tweak the batch file if you need. Enjoy!

EDIT: This will not work for anything but VZW as of right now as there are some carrier specific commands in there. Anyone need this for a different carrier? I can download the firmware you need it for and make the batch.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Moto X Install Kit.zip - [Click for QR Code] (549.4 KB, 1985 views)
File Type: zip ClaroChileInstall.zip - [Click for QR Code] (348 Bytes, 515 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jlink38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlink38 Ad-Free

8th December 2013, 05:31 PM |#2  
Flag Concepción
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Nice!!!!!! And as you said in the EDIT
Can you provide a file for this carrier?

Quote:

ClaroChile_XT1058_4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-LCX-26-25_cid12_CFC_1FF_svc.xml.zip

The 4th link in this list
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost/list.php

I'll be appreciated.
Thank you very much for your work.
8th December 2013, 06:50 PM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 64

More
This wont work with the Sprint Moto X, right?

Edit: Didnt see the bold text...lol. I know that KitKat is going to be pushed to the Sprint Variant next week so if you could make one then, that'd be great
8th December 2013, 07:19 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I'm getting a 404 - Not Found error on the Kit download link.
8th December 2013, 10:32 PM |#5  
Flag Socal
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Does this preserve user data?
9th December 2013, 12:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andino

Does this preserve user data?

I'm pretty positive it doesn't. All the partitions get wiped and flashed to stock.
9th December 2013, 04:07 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvhovey

I'm getting a 404 - Not Found error on the Kit download link.

It's hosted on XDA, I don't know why that would be.
9th December 2013, 04:07 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d14gvn

Nice!!!!!! And as you said in the EDIT
Can you provide a file for this carrier?

The 4th link in this list
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost/list.php

I'll be appreciated.
Thank you very much for your work.

Sure, I am on a slow internet provider right now so I'll try to get it done by tomorrow. Gotta let it download tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlink38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlink38 Ad-Free
9th December 2013, 04:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karn101

I'm pretty positive it doesn't. All the partitions get wiped and flashed to stock.

Correct, this is a complete wipe and return to stock (or whatever version you download from the site).

Most people will not need this kit. If RSD Lite works on your machine, I would recommend using that as it is widely accepted.
10th December 2013, 05:08 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Claro Chile Install added. Just drop the file inside the ZIP into the directory with the rest of the files, and run ClaroChileInstall.bat instead of the regular install.bat.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlink38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jlink38 Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 04:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
I'd be happy to have a version for my TMo DevEd phone. No big rush, but it would be great to have this on hand since I know I'll be restoring to stock at some point soon.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)