Came from the Nexus 4 forums, just recently picked up a VZW Moto X. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1, and RSD Lite doesn't work on it. I wanted to restore to 4.2.2 and then later after rooting, back to 4.4 stock and RSD Lite wouldn't see my phone, but adb and fastboot would. I made a quick script which will restore your Moto X, after of course, downloading the correct firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost_rcica/list.php. This is tested working on VZW and if there is enough interest, I can make more for the T-Mobile and AT&T versions.
1. Download and extract the kit zip. It includes install.bat (the script), mfastboot (found on a file share site, if someone is due credit for this please let me know and I'll update) and adb. with associated files.
2. Download and extract your Moto X firmware.
3. Drop the files from the kit in the file with all the extracted Moto X firmware files.
4. Ensure your phone is backed up, if applicable.
5. Plug your phone in and make sure the drivers are loaded (install Motorola Device Manager if needed).
6. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder with your Moto X firmware files and the files from the kit.
Please feel free to tweak the batch file if you need. Enjoy!
EDIT: This will not work for anything but VZW as of right now as there are some carrier specific commands in there. Anyone need this for a different carrier? I can download the firmware you need it for and make the batch.