FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[RECOVERY] Unofficial CWM Recovery for Moto X -- Unlocked Bootloader Only!

2,296 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,477
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Code:
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
-----------------------
PLEASE USE THE NEW RECOVERIES BY DHACKER29 THIS IS DISCONTINUED
CWM
TWRP




Discontinued - Downloads and Links:
Unofficial CWM Recovery 6.0.3.6 for Moto X --- 8/25/2013 WORKING!
Mirror^

Superuser by Koush -- If you want to root.
SuperSu by Chainfire -- If you want to have root. Pick this one, or the one above. Not both.
Stock Motorola Recovery for Moto X --- If you want to return to stock, or take OTA's.
Motorola Fastboot Files --- Windows/Mac/Linux
Motorola USB Drivers 6.2 [Windows 32/64]

Thanks to:
Google for Android.
Koush for CWM.
Jackpot Calvin for Ramdisk fix.
rob43 for pointing out Fstab error.
hidea for testing over XDA and Skype.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1873
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	2213482  
Last edited by mattlgroff; 25th September 2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Closing
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
15th August 2013, 04:43 PM |#2  
gabo_e30's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey Matt,
Nice to see you again.!

So how do u unlock the bootloader? Is it as simple as a nexus 4 or like the Atrix HD?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
15th August 2013, 06:25 PM |#3  
mattlgroff's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo_e30

Hey Matt,
Nice to see you again.!

So how do u unlock the bootloader? Is it as simple as a nexus 4 or like the Atrix HD?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

It's done with the Official Motorola Unlock Tool on their website. You enter the 'get_unlock_data' and get a code emailed to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 01:29 PM |#4  
djpry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore,CQ
Thanks Meter: 240
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

It's done with the Official Motorola Unlock Tool on their website. You enter the 'get_unlock_data' and get a code emailed to you.

now thats what we call superfast
17th August 2013, 04:33 PM |#5  
kornklown69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 804
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

It's done with the Official Motorola Unlock Tool on their website. You enter the 'get_unlock_data' and get a code emailed to you.

was this done on an at&t model?

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th August 2013, 05:32 PM |#6  
mattlgroff's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornklown69

was this done on an at&t model?

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Verizon Engineering unit.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
17th August 2013, 05:45 PM |#7  
kornklown69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 804
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

Verizon Engineering unit.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

dang I was hoping at&t with all the info about bootloaders being unlockable

Sent from my HTC first using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th August 2013, 05:49 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Does this work for you? It just boots into the stock recovery.
17th August 2013, 06:09 PM |#9  
mattlgroff's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeboy

Does this work for you? It just boots into the stock recovery.

It does not work yet, as it says next to the download link.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
17th August 2013, 08:47 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
No offense, but why did you release this if it doesn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

It does not work yet, as it says next to the download link.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

17th August 2013, 08:52 PM |#11  
mattlgroff's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,477
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeboy

No offense, but why did you release this if it doesn't work?

To get it tested and allow anyone wishing to collaborate to do so.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes