Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[ROM][ATT][4.4.4][SS] 212.44.26.ghost_att from system dump

OP Ctrl-Freak

28th August 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #21  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 42

134 posts
More
See if it worked this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409245300056.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (43.9 KB, 108 views)
29th August 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?
29th August 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #23  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 42

134 posts
More
So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.
Last edited by beefgoat; 29th August 2014 at 04:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beefgoat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 164

788 posts
Is anyone else having issues altering their APN settings? I add a new apn because Im on straighttalk's Att plan, but when I save it nothing shows up in the APN menu. Any help??? Im on an XT1053 DE by the way.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by jshinn1; 29th August 2014 at 12:55 PM.
29th August 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefgoat

So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.

Thanks. I thought it might be just that simple, but I use safestrap (locked) and was reluctant to try it. (Theoretically, however, if you left yourself with root, you could always re-install safestrap again.)

I am hoping to figure out an easy way to modify the zip to remove the safestrap piece (make a better unlocked version), but I'm not exactly sure where it hooks into the boot process.
29th August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout420

Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?

This zip is not compatible with RSD.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread