FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[ROM][ATT][4.4.4][SS] 212.44.26.ghost_att from system dump

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 119

By Ctrl-Freak, Senior Member on 18th August 2014, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th August 2014, 06:01 PM |#21  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 45

More
See if it worked this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409245300056.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (43.9 KB, 146 views)

29th August 2014, 01:56 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?
29th August 2014, 03:03 AM |#23  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 45

More
So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.
Last edited by beefgoat; 29th August 2014 at 04:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beefgoat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 12:50 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Is anyone else having issues altering their APN settings? I add a new apn because Im on straighttalk's Att plan, but when I save it nothing shows up in the APN menu. Any help??? Im on an XT1053 DE by the way.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by jshinn1; 29th August 2014 at 12:55 PM.
29th August 2014, 02:25 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefgoat

So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.

Thanks. I thought it might be just that simple, but I use safestrap (locked) and was reluctant to try it. (Theoretically, however, if you left yourself with root, you could always re-install safestrap again.)

I am hoping to figure out an easy way to modify the zip to remove the safestrap piece (make a better unlocked version), but I'm not exactly sure where it hooks into the boot process.
29th August 2014, 02:43 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout420

Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?

This zip is not compatible with RSD.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread