Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ATT][4.4.4][SS] 212.44.26.ghost_att from system dump

Tip us?

beefgoat
Old
Thanks Meter 42
See if it worked this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409245300056.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (43.9 KB, 96 views)

blackout420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?

beefgoat
Old
(Last edited by beefgoat; 29th August 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beefgoat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jshinn1
Old
(Last edited by jshinn1; 29th August 2014 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 163
Is anyone else having issues altering their APN settings? I add a new apn because Im on straighttalk's Att plan, but when I save it nothing shows up in the APN menu. Any help??? Im on an XT1053 DE by the way.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium HD app

Ctrl-Freak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefgoat View Post
So far as removing safestrap, if one chooses to do so, I downloaded the safestrap APK and uninstalled it. Poof! It's gone. Go here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/ find your device, download the APK, install it, and click uninstall.

Edit: This only works for those with an unlock bootloader, or an XT1053 DE. If you have a locked bootloader, and require safestrap to install ROM's, this likely wouldn't be a good idea.
Thanks. I thought it might be just that simple, but I use safestrap (locked) and was reluctant to try it. (Theoretically, however, if you left yourself with root, you could always re-install safestrap again.)

I am hoping to figure out an easy way to modify the zip to remove the safestrap piece (make a better unlocked version), but I'm not exactly sure where it hooks into the boot process.

Ctrl-Freak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout420 View Post
Read the instructions but I have a bricked ATT branded XT1058 so I can't actually have my phone be recognized in ADB or fastboot directly through command prompt. I'm stuck in that loop of being in fastboot mode but the only thing I can get to talk to the phone is RSD Lite at the moment - any way this release can be installed through RSD Lite or do I have to wait for the firmware to be released on that motorola website for att 4.4.4 and then do it?
This zip is not compatible with RSD.