FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] 4.4.2 SafeStrap Flashable Stock ROMs

16th March 2014, 05:38 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
I just wanted to start a collection of SafeStrap flashable stock ROMs. As far as I know, two are available right now.

1. Verizon: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/116025-ro...52-kitkat-442/
2. T-Mobile: https://mega.co.nz/#!FM1glJ6Y!NKN7zH...AxtI-zyUJWtlI0

I put together the T-Mobile one, with huge credit to KrYpToNiTe. I put it together for myself, but figured I'd share. It should work on any variant with SafeStrap, for those that want to get rid of their carrier's bloatware.

I don't think SafeStrap was ever made to work well with 4.4, so you should go back to 4.2.2 and install SafeStrap. After you install the ROM, you will need to flash the 4.4.2 kernel, modem, and fsg for your device. Don't flash the 4.4.2 recovery, because you won't be able to go back to any previous build.

If you run MotoWPNoMo before you install the ROM, write protection will be off. Alternatively, you can simply flash the kernel to recovery, and you can disable write protection by booting into recovery when you need it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th March 2014, 10:21 PM |#2  
Ezekial's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Thanks for make a thread about this.

Hopefully someone will take the time to make one for ATT soon as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...eral/-t2688009

My concern though is updating my 4.4 now. I don't really want to wipe/redo right now as it works prefect. Will monitor the forums to see how it goes for everyone
22nd March 2014, 12:40 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

I just wanted to start a collection of SafeStrap flashable stock ROMs. As far as I know, two are available right now.

1. Verizon: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/116025-ro...52-kitkat-442/
2. T-Mobile: https://mega.co.nz/#!FM1glJ6Y!NKN7zH...AxtI-zyUJWtlI0

I put together the T-Mobile one, with huge credit to KrYpToNiTe. I put it together for myself, but figured I'd share. It should work on any variant with SafeStrap, for those that want to get rid of their carrier's bloatware.

I don't think SafeStrap was ever made to work well with 4.4, so you should go back to 4.2.2 and install SafeStrap. After you install the ROM, you will need to flash the 4.4.2 kernel, modem, and fsg for your device. Don't flash the 4.4.2 recovery, because you won't be able to go back to any previous build.

If you run MotoWPNoMo before you install the ROM, write protection will be off. Alternatively, you can simply flash the kernel to recovery, and you can disable write protection by booting into recovery when you need it.

Is there a guide about flashing the 4.4.2 kernel, modem, and fsg for the verizon moto x? This would be extremely helpful.
22nd March 2014, 11:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplox

Is there a guide about flashing the 4.4.2 kernel, modem, and fsg for the verizon moto x? This would be extremely helpful.

Download the SBF from here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

Use the following fastboot commands:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
25th March 2014, 02:07 AM |#5  
rebretz000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 314
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplox

Is there a guide about flashing the 4.4.2 kernel, modem, and fsg for the verizon moto x? This would be extremely helpful.

I think krypto had a guide in his safestrap ROM.
18th April 2014, 01:17 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Any update on the ATT version? I would be willing to do it myself but I need a guide to help me along. If OP has any leads it would be awesome!

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th April 2014, 02:18 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiksmoose

Any update on the ATT version? I would be willing to do it myself but I need a guide to help me along. If OP has any leads it would be awesome!

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The SBF still isn't out, so I haven't done anything. I suppose it could be done with the 4.4 SBF and the 4.4.2 OTA update. You could try that.
30th April 2014, 04:38 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

I just wanted to start a collection of SafeStrap flashable stock ROMs. As far as I know, two are available right now.

1. Verizon: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/116025-ro...52-kitkat-442/
.

SafeStrap 3.72 (works only for Android ver. 4.4.2) is buggy to say the least. I will post on the SafeStrap forum about it when I find the place.

For Note 3 Verizon , SafeStrap has the stock rooted Kitkat and BajaRom kitkat(latest 'finale' version), I'm patiently waiting for HyperDrive to come out with 4.4.2 version..
30th April 2014, 10:30 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonb

SafeStrap 3.72 (works only for Android ver. 4.4.2) is buggy to say the least. I will post on the SafeStrap forum about it when I find the place.

For Note 3 Verizon , SafeStrap has the stock rooted Kitkat and BajaRom kitkat(latest 'finale' version), I'm patiently waiting for HyperDrive to come out with 4.4.2 version..

This thread is for the Moto X, not the Note 3. Please do not flash these ROMs on the Note 3.
7th August 2014, 08:23 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Will this thread be updated by the OP? I think there should be one thread for all Roms available for Safestrap, not just 4.4.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes