5,599,337 Members 38,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]NOOB ROM [12/20/2013] Sprint Stock 4.4 DeOdexed, Zipaligned and Rooted

Tip us?

abiezer
Old
(Last edited by abiezer; 20th December 2013 at 04:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [ROM]NOOB ROM [12/20/2013] Sprint Stock 4.4 DeOdexed, Zipaligned and Rooted

Hello world!

This is my first ROM ever, so please take it easy on me.

Things to note:
1. I am NOT REPONSIBLE for ANY damage this may cause to you, your device, or your self esteem.
2. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE backup your phone before flashing this.
3. DO NOT flash this over 4.2. This is only to reset your phone or to try out some cool features.

Now that the standard stuff is out of the way, I present to you all,

Noob ROM

I am a complete Noob at this, so I will be working on it little by little. Right now it is flashable, and is deodexed/zipaligned with root and busybox installed. Please let me know what you guys think.

Obviously, this is running the latest kitkat update and is only flashable via a custom recovery. Make sure your custom recovery supports 4.4!!

I have a full time job, so I will be doing this during nights and weekends. If you want any new features, let me know and I will do my best to add them.

If you would like to fund my research, you may donate to me here.

Thanks in advanced for any donations, although they are not required in any way. I will continue to work on this no matter what!
Moto X
Sprint Firmware v143.44.8
Download System Dumps for Sprint here

If you like what I have contributed, you can buy me a soda
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abiezer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abiezer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Reserving for future use.
Moto X

The Following User Says Thank You to abiezer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jtheking
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks, quick questions

Can flash over my current stock, and is this for unlocked or locked bootloaders?
Sidekick Color->HP iPaq->HTC PPC-6700->BB 8830->HTC Hero->Epic 4g->Galaxy Nexus-> Moto X

Tablet - Acer A500 (ICS 4.0.3)

iSheep - iPod Touch, iPhone 4S, iPad 4 gen

rebretz000
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I have the VZW Moto X but I'm glad someone is giving the Sprint version some love.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rebretz000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abiezer
Old
(Last edited by abiezer; 20th December 2013 at 11:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheking View Post
Thanks, quick questions

Can flash over my current stock, and is this for unlocked or locked bootloaders?
Yes, you can flash over stock but only IF you are running 4.4. DO NOT, under any circumstances, flash this over 4.2. It will fail. Also, it is recommended to wipe your /data partition to avoid any errors.

This is only for unlocked bootloader, as you need a custom recovery to flash it.
Moto X

The Following User Says Thank You to abiezer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]