I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!
Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! I will not attempt to simplify this down anymore. Safestrap users you need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this, to switch back to 4.2.2 possibly 4.4/4.4.2 you will have to RSD back to stock. This ROM has to be flashed to the STOCK SLOT in Safestrap and the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel and Baseband has to be flashed for it to work. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Okay this is a stock unmodified(3c_ota.apk is the only apk removed) rooted rom based off of the 4.4.4 KitKat SBF thanks to SamuriHL with full Safestrap functionality. You will need to have the phone's drivers installed to get this working, so click the link below to download them and install them before you start. https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8696
Instructions to install this rom for Safestrap Users, you will need to download the ROM and my Kernel/Radio Flashing Utility, and read every step before you start...
1. Before you do anything you need to be rooted on 4.2.2 or 4.4, write protection disabled with MotoWpNoMo and Safestrap Recovery installed
2. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
3. Factory Reset the STOCK SLOT(do not ask about another slot) in Safestrap, also DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors
4. Flash my ROM zip to the STOCK SLOT (this will take a couple minutes, go grab a drink or something)
5. Once the ROM has finished flashing, press the home button, then press the reboot button, then press the bootloader button to reboot to the bootloader from within Safestrap
6. Plug up your Moto X via usb cable to your computer, once plugged in the Bootloader screen should say usb connected now
7. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
8. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
9. Choose option 10 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Kernel
10. Once it finishes get back to the options and choose option 11 this will flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
11. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
12. Enjoy 4.4.4 KitKat!
For Unlocked Users
1. Boot into TWRP 220.127.116.11 (recommended that's what I use) factory reset DO NOT wipe or manually mount the /system it can cause symlink errors, then install the ROM.
2. If you were on 4.4.4 already then reboot and enjoy if you aren't on 4.4.4 then continue to step 9.
3. Once done installing reboot to the bootloader from within TWRP.
4. Once on the bootloader screen plug your usb cable into your Moto X the screen should say usb connected.
5. Unzip the "Moto X Kernel and Radio Flasher.zip"
6. Open the extracted folder and find FlashMyMotoX.bat and double click on it
7. Choose option 11 within the FlashMyMotoX utility to flash the 4.4.4 KitKat Baseband
8. Once it finishes successfully unplug your usb cable and reboot the phone
9. Enjoy 4.4.4!
Downloads: DO NOT repost links on other forums, link them to this thread!
Safestrap ROM zip MD5: 22291bcae0f5043477a91e4d09a9bf7e
Moto X Kernel & Radio Flashing Utility MD5: b8ac849d0ba52b2d3c9563a5a2c9cb22
Unlocked ROM zip MD5: 1c214fa8e55cf22c6366c0d563a32f44
Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for his roots, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, TeamWin for TWRP 18.104.22.168, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!