Re-Root after using MotoWpNoMo and losing Root

Search This thread

id0l

Dec 15, 2009
Orlando, FL
I modified the SlapMyMoto file jcase posted so that during stages 1 and 2 it checks to see that the device has write protection disabled. This will allow you to use the SlapMyMoto exploit to root your device if you lost root after using MotoWPNoMo. The attached zip below has 2 SlapMyMoto files in it. SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar is used for the first 2 stages and then use the original one jcase published which is labled SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar. Just rename SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar to SlapMyMoto.jar and place on the root of your sdcard for stages 1-2 and then when it reboots after running stage 2 copy SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar to the root of your sdcard and run stage 3. Follow the directions in jcase's post here for everything else. All credit goes to jcase, I simply changed a couple of numerical characters in the classes.dex file within SlapMyMoto.

Attachments

• SlapMyMoto-0.5c.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

sherifone

May 29, 2009
Just gave this a go but ran into a permission denied when attempting the final step 7 step. Going to wipe and try again, but want to make sure I'm clear on the steps.

1. adb push SlapMyMoto.jar /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar (SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar)
2. impactor, telnet phone, and use "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar SlapMyMoto" with (SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar)
3. Device reboot via adb
4. impactor, telnet phone, and use "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar SlapMyMoto" with (SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar)
5. Reboot, wait a bit then apply 4.4 OTA
6. adb shell
cp /sdcard/install.sh /data/local/tmp/install.sh
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/install.sh
echo "/data/local/tmp/install.sh" > /sys/kernel/uevent_helper

Last edited:

id0l

Dec 15, 2009
Orlando, FL
Jcase updated slapmymoto to work with motowpnomo, just check the original Android development section it's in there. Probably about the same thing but a little simpler and you can keep the 4.4 recovery.

Sent from my Moto X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the SlapMyMoto file jcase posted so that during stages 1 and 2 it checks to see that the device has write protection disabled. This will allow you to use the SlapMyMoto exploit to root your device if you lost root after using MotoWPNoMo. The attached zip below has 2 SlapMyMoto files in it. SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar is used for the first 2 stages and then use the original one jcase published which is labled SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar. Just rename SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar to SlapMyMoto.jar and place on the root of your sdcard for stages 1-2 and then when it reboots after running stage 2 copy SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar to the root of your sdcard and run stage 3. Follow the directions in jcase's post here for everything else. All credit goes to jcase, I simply changed a couple of numerical characters in the classes.dex file within SlapMyMoto.