5,595,428 Members 48,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Re-Root after using MotoWpNoMo and losing Root

Tip us?

RMcCall
Old
(Last edited by RMcCall; 19th December 2013 at 11:49 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default Re-Root after using MotoWpNoMo and losing Root

I modified the SlapMyMoto file jcase posted so that during stages 1 and 2 it checks to see that the device has write protection disabled. This will allow you to use the SlapMyMoto exploit to root your device if you lost root after using MotoWPNoMo. The attached zip below has 2 SlapMyMoto files in it. SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar is used for the first 2 stages and then use the original one jcase published which is labled SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar. Just rename SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar to SlapMyMoto.jar and place on the root of your sdcard for stages 1-2 and then when it reboots after running stage 2 copy SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar to the root of your sdcard and run stage 3. Follow the directions in jcase's post here for everything else. All credit goes to jcase, I simply changed a couple of numerical characters in the classes.dex file within SlapMyMoto.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SlapMyMoto-0.5c.zip - [Click for QR Code] (72.1 KB, 135 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RMcCall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HeroSon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks RMcCall, everything is working and finally got root back.

sankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Great news. Now I'll consider doing this once more people have voluntarily been guinea pigs.

sherifone
Old
(Last edited by sherifone; 20th December 2013 at 08:30 PM.) Reason: added steps
Thanks Meter 0
Just gave this a go but ran into a permission denied when attempting the final step 7 step. Going to wipe and try again, but want to make sure I'm clear on the steps.

1. adb push SlapMyMoto.jar /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar (SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar)
2. impactor, telnet phone, and use "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar SlapMyMoto" with (SlapMyMoto-step-1-2.jar)
3. Device reboot via adb
4. impactor, telnet phone, and use "dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/SlapMyMoto.jar SlapMyMoto" with (SlapMyMoto-step-3.jar)
5. Reboot, wait a bit then apply 4.4 OTA
6. adb shell
cp /sdcard/install.sh /data/local/tmp/install.sh
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/install.sh
echo "/data/local/tmp/install.sh" > /sys/kernel/uevent_helper

RMcCall
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Jcase updated slapmymoto to work with motowpnomo, just check the original Android development section it's in there. Probably about the same thing but a little simpler and you can keep the 4.4 recovery.

Sent from my Moto X