Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New 2014 Moto X (Plus links to 360 smart watch and new Bluetooth Headset)

OP Verttex

16th September 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 6

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallpotatoco

That sucks! Most of the new feature in the new moto x will not be updated in the old moto x even tho it can support it

Where did you get this information from
16th September 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 34

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by km8j

yea but is the xt1092 the one that is the unlocked version.... or will there be carrier selection you think?

Motorola doesn't make a T-Mobile version, for whatever reason. I think T-Mobile only carries phones it thinks it can sell, like Samsungs and iPhones.

So, if you want T-Mobile Wifi calling, you have to use a SIM-locked T-Mobile variant phone. If T-Mobile decides it wants the Moto X, maybe Motorola will accommodate them with an actual locked version.
16th September 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 21

703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.DROID

Motorola doesn't make a T-Mobile version, for whatever reason. I think T-Mobile only carries phones it thinks it can sell, like Samsungs and iPhones.

So, if you want T-Mobile Wifi calling, you have to use a SIM-locked T-Mobile variant phone. If T-Mobile decides it wants the Moto X, maybe Motorola will accommodate them with an actual locked version.

I know all of this but they can still sell versions with different bands
16th September 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #144  

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by km8j

I know all of this but they can still sell versions with different bands

Why? The unlocked version supports all of the major bands needed, including band 12, which the AT&T and Verizon phones lack.

For T-Mobile/Sprint:
You get Quad-band GSM, Penta-band HSPA (850, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2100MHz), and Octa-band LTE (2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 25, 26, 41).
CDMA 800/1900MHz is also thrown in.

You'll only use a few of those, mainly 1700/2100MHz or 1900/2100MHz HSPA, and bands 4 and 12 of LTE. GSM is usually 850 or 1900MHz.

With a Sprint SIM, it'll use CDMA and bands 25, 26, and 41 LTE (Spark).

With an AT&T SIM, it'll use 1900/2100MHz HSPA, and band 17 LTE (4 or 5 in regional areas where low-frequencies aren't allowed).

Why make another? It's basically a Motorola branded Nexus.

The only other versions will probably be for smaller carriers and Canada.
Last edited by Jason.DROID; 16th September 2014 at 01:25 PM.
18th September 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #145  
California
Thanks Meter: 45

347 posts
More
Anand may have messed up their review, but they did not list Band 12 for the pure/t-mo model. I could not find confirmation either way on the Moto site.
18th September 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #146  

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

Anand may have messed up their review, but they did not list Band 12 for the pure/t-mo model. I could not find confirmation either way on the Moto site.

It's listed as the Sprint model, but that's actually the unlocked XT1092. Look at the bands of this "Sprint" model on Anandtech. It supports the 3 carriers. There's no reason to support HSPA 1700/2100MHz unless you use it on T-Mobile in a non-refarmed area.

The AT&T model definitely doesn't have band 12.
19th September 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #147  

144 posts
More
Nope, looks like the XT1092 will never see the light of day.

The unlocked version will be the XT1095 or XT1097 with 1700/2100 HSPA enabled.

We'll just have to hope for future band 12 support, since band 12 and 17 are related and are both lower 700MHz. Usually amplifiers combine support for both.
19th September 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #148  
Thanks Meter: 79

1,121 posts
Very much want to buy, but need to wait for the Verizon subsidy.
19th September 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #149  
California
Thanks Meter: 45

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.DROID

Nope, looks like the XT1092 will never see the light of day.

The unlocked version will be the XT1095 or XT1097 with 1700/2100 HSPA enabled.

We'll just have to hope for future band 12 support, since band 12 and 17 are related and are both lower 700MHz. Usually amplifiers combine support for both.

I'm not positive the XT1092 will never see the light of day. Assuming it has already been developed, Republic Wireless's business model kind of needs this phone to be released. It may not show up as a Sprint native phone.

I hope AnandTech just made a mistake about the bands on the pure model.

I'm holding off ordering - I have a corporate account that is going away next month, so an android will finally replace my BBry on my business line, but I am holding for possibility of Nexus neXt. I will have 14 days to port once they tell me my changeover date.
10th October 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #150  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
Phone
I have tried many MANY phones, but the Moto X is the best I have tried so far, I was hoping that Motorola would enhance the Original Moto X by addressing the following:
  • Size: One of the best thing about Moto X is that it can be easily handled with one hand. The 4.7 inch display is perfectly sized. I was hoping the New Moto X be with the same or just a little bigger (maybe 5 Inch)
  • HD: I don't think that features add very much value to be honest, I am happy with 720p display with prolonged battery life
  • Processor and Ram: now that's a good upgrade, having more power is always good.
  • Wireless charging: while not a big deal, can be good
  • Software enhancements: Motorola is on the right track for the software tools, would be great if the assist software has a more controllable trigger for each assist mode, for example, I don't want driving mode to be on when on the bus and my car connects using bluetooth, but there is no way to tell motoX to turn driving mode assist on only with bluetooth pairing.
  • Batterylife: big fail for the new Moto X and was hoping for better battery performance.
  • SportProofing: The Urban lifestyle is all about fitness and sports now, a fully waterproof/weatherproof device is a good idea
  • SDKs: allow 3rd party application to use the touchless control feature can be the greatest thing that happens to the MotoX product family
  • Camera: I am happy with my Original MotoX camera, but others are not that impressed, maybe put a little more into it.
  • Expandable memory: this one is a no brainer, you want the MotoX to replace as many devices as possible, GPS, Phone, Camera etc... so it would make great sense to add this in. It's also a cheap addition as I understand.
  • Style: customizing the Moto using the Moto Maker is a winner, however, to allow for this to work the things that cannot be customization have to be acceptable. I prefer the Old Moto X looks compared to the new

Do you want to add anything to this list? Do you think I got it wrong somewhere? Please let me know what you think.

Looking forward to the next Moto X, the Moto X 2014 does not meet my expectations.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread