View Poll Results: Have you successfully unlocked via the Chinese middleman?
Yes, it took about 1-2 days. 111 57.81%
Yes, it took about 2+ days. 6 3.13%
Paid some money, things went wrong. Still locked. 7 3.65%
I haven't tried this, but will soon. 51 26.56%
I have no interest in bootloader unlocks. 17 8.85%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed

IT'S OVER! 4/1- VZW/ATT Moto Maker bootloader unlock available via China middleman

16th April 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #911  
Thanks Meter: 33

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tallest

Exactly, you can't use the online service to activate the phones because it's going to put you in a new plan. You must call them.

On Verizon, I switched from my 3G-only Fascinate to the Moto X (off-contract) using just the web interface. Yes, it asks you to "re-do" your plan, but the rep I was talking to said that's just how the system works - something along the lines of that's how you get the 4G activated. I still have my unlimited data (I can easily verify that, it's all over their website) and interestingly the price for the data actually went down from $30 to like $23 or something (perhaps because I'm not subsidizing the phone anymore?). So at least on Verizon you can activate over just the web - just chat with a rep while you're doing it. Verizon is NOT trying to trick people into switching plans (at least in this instance).
20th April 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #912  
Thanks Meter: 13

147 posts
I'm pretty sure he isn't anymore. I believe I read he's been telling everyone that's over.

Sent from my Moto X, not rooted & bootloader locked <-----Thanks Motorola and AT&T......
21st April 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #913  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

117 posts
More
Partially this is my fault, since I'm the original poster and originally used the phrase "unlock available via Chinese middleman". I still think it was right to include the fact that this was Chinese, since I wanted people to know that their $40 would be going overseas to a questionable operation.

I think we should close down this thread until someone posts info about it starting up again. If anyone does get in contact with the "Bootloader Unlocker Dude of Indeterminate Foreign Location", please post it there AND send me a personal message so I can update the thread.

Keep it classy,
D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DogzOfWar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #914  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
There's possibly of a different person on Taobao providing the same service. I'm unable to understand Chinese but you can search XT1058 or XT1060 and there are a couple of results with the same 240 price along with one that shows a bootloader request processed. Maybe someone can look into it.
21st April 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #915  
Forum Moderator
Flag Roseville, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,898

3,606 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cleaned and closed at the request of the OP.

Please be aware that this is a world wide site. A term that that you might feel is OK within your circle, may be offensive to others. These kind of comments have no place on XDA. Please be respectful.

Thanks,
El Daddy
Forum Moderator.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Moto X General by ThreadRank