Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4.2.2 root + kitkat OTA update. (how does it work? can i keep root?)

OP marosteeha

8th February 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

116 posts
ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?
9th February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,299

3,784 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosteeha

ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?

First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
9th February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,941

13,584 posts
More
I made my life easy and just used rsdlite to go completely back to stock. Wiped everything tho of course. But easy...rebooted...got update message and now I'm on clean 4.4.2.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
9th February 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

oh sorry for that, i did search but could find anything concerning moto x, guess i didnt use the proper terms.

thanks you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread