Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 root + kitkat OTA update. (how does it work? can i keep root?)

Tip us?

marosteeha
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default 4.2.2 root + kitkat OTA update. (how does it work? can i keep root?)

ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosteeha View Post
ok, so finally in Colombian (Latin america) they have announced that they will start rolling out kit kat in about a week or so. (strangelly they moto g update came first... o_o)

i have android 4.2.2, its rooted and heavilly modified. i would really like to get this OTA update... is there gonna be a problem if am rooted? do i have to like.. unroot, hide root ot go back to stock?
First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,297
I made my life easy and just used rsdlite to go completely back to stock. Wiped everything tho of course. But easy...rebooted...got update message and now I'm on clean 4.4.2.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

marosteeha
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
First of all this is a question, yes! So it should be the Q&A threads.
Secondly they're stickies at the top of every thread section, they're there for a purpose. If you had correctly searched you would have come across this stickied thread in the Q&A threads, that took me awhile to write to specifically helps folks http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639102

No disrespect meant but in the future search before opening a thread that's not required
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
oh sorry for that, i did search but could find anything concerning moto x, guess i didnt use the proper terms.

thanks you!