FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Thumbs up Verizon Moto X Dev Ed New for $200 on Ebay

7th December 2014, 11:04 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 355

More
Edited - it is $200 on ebay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOT.../221676670648?

This was my original post:

Just wanted to give people a head's up - you can get a brand new Verizon Moto X Dev Ed on ebay for $220. Click through ebates, fatwallet or mrrebates and you get another 2% back. Not much cash back, but it is better than nothing.

I don't think these come with a manufacturer's warranty but idk for sure. It's a great price for a great phone!! I actually like the white woven back/black front combo a lot.

Just search for Verizon Moto X on ebay and you will find the listing. N/A. Last night there were only about 500 sold but tonight over 1600 sold! I don't know how many the guy has to sell.

Also check your email for an email from paypal for a $50 statement credit if you sign up for paypal credit. Not everyone gets the offer, but it came around the end of November. If you sign up and then buy the phone on credit, you will get a $50 statement credit! Check your spam folder if have a paypal account and don't see the offer but like I said, not everyone gets the offer.
Last edited by JulesJam; 1st February 2015 at 09:14 PM.

7th December 2014, 11:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesJam

Just wanted to give people a head's up - you can get a brand new Verizon Moto X Dev Ed on ebay for $220. Click through ebates, fatwallet or mrrebates and you get another 2% back. Not much cash back, but it is better than nothing.

I don't think these come with a manufacturer's warranty but idk for sure. It's a great price for a great phone!! I actually like the white woven back/black front combo a lot.

Just search for Verizon Moto X on ebay and you will find the listing. N/A. Last night there were only about 500 sold but tonight over 1600 sold! I don't know how many the guy has to sell.

Also check your email for an email from paypal for a $50 statement credit if you sign up for paypal credit. Not everyone gets the offer, but it came around the end of November. If you sign up and then buy the phone on credit, you will get a $50 statement credit! Check your spam folder if have a paypal account and don't see the offer but like I said, not everyone gets the offer.

Do be aware, it seems most of these are from the September 2014 batch that left the factory with incorrect programming (seems the CID is set wrong) and the boot loader unlock site will tell you that the phone cannot be unlocked.
Your going to need to go to this: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f2061da875?page=1 thread and read the section of the OP in red letters if that is the case. It provides an email address you can email your information to get the unlock code.
Motorola IS unlocking these phones however, and having read through that thread multiple people have inquired about warranty and been told its being honored...

Still a good deal, I have been happy with my phone... but it took about 5 days to get it unlocked and a bit of digging around to figure it all out. Now that Motorola has been dealing with the issue, and you already know about it it should be a lot quicker to get your code. I got in RIGHT after then stopped having you PM oliver on the forum, right before they started trying to figure out how to handle us all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 11:56 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryan

Do be aware, it seems most of these are from the September 2014 batch that left the factory with incorrect programming (seems the CID is set wrong)

Thanks so much for this info!!! What is CID? Carrier ID?

Quote:

and the boot loader unlock site will tell you that the phone cannot be unlocked.
Your going to need to go to this: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f2061da875?page=1 thread and read the section of the OP in red letters if that is the case. It provides an email address you can email your information to get the unlock code.
Motorola IS unlocking these phones however, and having read through that thread multiple people have inquired about warranty and been told its being honored...

That's awesome!!! Thanks SO MUCH for the info!!!
8th December 2014, 07:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

Do be aware, it seems most of these are from the September 2014 batch that left the factory with incorrect programming (seems the CID is set wrong) and the boot loader unlock site will tell you that the phone cannot be unlocked.

Still a good deal, I have been happy with my phone... but it took about 5 days to get it unlocked and a bit of digging around to figure it all out. Now that Motorola has been dealing with the issue, and you already know about it it should be a lot quicker to get your code. I got in RIGHT after then stopped having you PM oliver on the forum, right before they started trying to figure out how to handle us all.

i had the sept built one. moto sent me an unlock code and now i am all unlocked and rooted! happy buy
10th December 2014, 04:20 PM |#5  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 336

More
If you're on Verizon and are looking for a smaller phone that can be rooted/boatloader unlocked, get this. Root exploits are likely going to be harder to come by after 5.0. With this phone you don't have to worry about root exploits being closed with an OTA.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to spunker88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 12:21 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesJam

I received mine today - manufacture date is 9/2014 and I was able to unlock the bootloader in literally 3 minutes!!!

I noticed the guy is now selling them for $250. I will check the warranty status as soon as I activate the device.
12th December 2014, 07:46 PM |#7  
N/A
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Thumbs up Also on Amazon (for cheaper) 199$ + free shipping
didn't see this post until after i purchased this device through amazon here, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
was a little leary until i got the package, brand new, sept 2014 build/manufacture date on UPC sticker... activated no problems.
12th December 2014, 10:37 PM |#8  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothgoodandbad

didn't see this post until after i purchased this device through amazon here, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
was a little leary until i got the package, brand new, sept 2014 build/manufacture date on UPC sticker... activated no problems.

Nice, thats a better deal than eBay. Plus its Amazon fulfilled so if there are any issues Amazon is much better to deal with than a random eBay seller.
The Following User Says Thank You to spunker88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 04:11 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothgoodandbad

Wow you got an even better deal!!!! Congrats!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JulesJam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2015, 08:39 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
They are down to $200 on ebay too. I purchased from this seller and it is legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-MOT.../221676670648?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread