Republic Wireless Soak Tests 4.4.4 - I have the update!

OP Cyphir

27th February 2015, 10:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

104 posts
More
So I got chosen for the 1000 user soak test. Sadly I seem to be unable to take it. I have an unlocked bootloader an am rooted. I tried to remove Xposed Framework and unroot, but with no success.

When I revert back to a clean 4.4.2, I loose the soak test it seems. I have captured the update file though. You guys can dig through it.

I also tried to use the fastboot command "update (filename)" but got some errors. You guys let me know what you think.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZQlUBJYT!PhTnPh...gW1HKrOqXlGxB8

Sent from my XT1049 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyphir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2015, 03:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

9 posts
Thanks friend, I've been waiting for someone to capture the OTA. Have you attempted to revert to clean 4.4.2 using the sbf yet? I am going to try just that. I've never put together a flahable update .zip but I'll attempt to make a rooted update out of this if I'm successful (unless someone beats me to it).
27th February 2015, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparent86

Thanks friend, I've been waiting for someone to capture the OTA. Have you attempted to revert to clean 4.4.2 using the sbf yet? I am going to try just that. I've never put together a flahable update .zip but I'll attempt to make a rooted update out of this if I'm successful (unless someone beats me to it).

I need to flash back to a clean 4.4.2 then rename the file update.zip, put it into /sdcard then boot into recovery to take the update. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm still at work for 6-8 more hours.

27th February 2015, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphir

I need to flash back to a clean 4.4.2 then rename the file update.zip, put it into /sdcard then boot into recovery to take the update. I'll keep everyone posted. I'm still at work for 6-8 more hours.

Thanks, I did the same thing and successfully updated to 4.4.4. I'll root and try to make a TWRP-flashable update to save others the hassle of using the sbf.

But in the meantime, heres the instructions I posted when the 4.4.2 update was captured early if anyone doesn't want to wait: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52113875
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread