FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bye Moto X

208 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By overthatscreen, Senior Member on 19th February 2015, 06:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I finally called in and replaced my cracked screen under the Accident Protection Plan I purchased through Motorola. I had a GSM Developer Edition and was told it was discontinued. They offered an upgrade to 32GB Pure Edition. Got the code and am currently waiting for it to be delivered with a bamboo back.

19th February 2015, 07:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Why is moto treating us so well?

The Dirtydee Z3
19th February 2015, 10:02 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I assume they are trying to use us to spread the word. Everyone I swayed to the X bought it because of my experience, not Motorola's marketing skills.
19th February 2015, 10:38 PM |#4  

More
As cool as it is they're giving you a newer phone, I'd personally be kind of bummed to have that behemoth as a replacement to the perfectly sized 2013 X.
20th February 2015, 04:08 AM |#5  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthatscreen

I assume they are trying to use us to spread the word. Everyone I swayed to the X bought it because of my experience, not Motorola's marketing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenci

As cool as it is they're giving you a newer phone, I'd personally be kind of bummed to have that behemoth as a replacement to the perfectly sized 2013 X.

Me too. I have indicated at least 5 people, directly, to buy Moto X 2013. Not so much the 2014 version though, didn't think it was as good as the X2013. Even less after those update delays. Even Moto E has Lollipop now
20th February 2015, 04:26 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes the '14 X is bigger and slippier... But I still prefer the bigger screen because I hate on screen buttons, so it's a trade off I am ready to make.
20th February 2015, 05:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
yeah, four months is not a short period of time
are they working on building a new system other than android !
20th February 2015, 01:34 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthatscreen

Yes the '14 X is bigger and slippier... But I still prefer the bigger screen because I hate on screen buttons, so it's a trade off I am ready to make.

I just bought my fiancÚ a 2013 X developer edition for her birthday and have spent the last few days setting it up. I [I]almost[I] want one for myself, but I'm not liking the on screen buttons either. I'm still dragging around an ancient bionic. :/
20th February 2015, 02:08 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8isgr8

I just bought my fiancÚ a 2013 X developer edition for her birthday and have spent the last few days setting it up. I [I]almost[I] want one for myself, but I'm not liking the on screen buttons either. I'm still dragging around an ancient bionic. :/

Don't do it. The '13 X has an awesome form factor and fits great in the hand. But I hate the mic on the front panel. It always collects debris and being in my front pocket doesn't help either.
20th February 2015, 02:24 PM |#10  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicarli

Me too. I have indicated at least 5 people, directly, to buy Moto X 2013. Not so much the 2014 version though, didn't think it was as good as the X2013. Even less after those update delays. Even Moto E has Lollipop now

Same here, I can't stand big phone. Hence my automatic disapproval of Nexus 6. Apparently the update has been delayed because of chipset issues with the X2013 :/ Couldn't wait any longer and installed CM 12. Loving it, apart from a few bugs. Most of the minor ones are fixed with *almost* daily updates.

The update could take a while longer or worst case scenario, not come at all.
20th February 2015, 06:23 PM |#11  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 452

More
last i heard 2014 moto x still doesn't have root
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)