Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 53,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X+1 specs all but confirmed

Tip us?

brett_day
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default X+1 specs all but confirmed

Apparently a Brazilian retailer leaked the specs of the X+1. What do you guys think? Personally I would liked to have seen a slightly smaller screen.

http://www.examiner.com/article/moto...ilian-retailer
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4
The Following User Says Thank You to brett_day For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xd1936
Old
Thanks Meter 80

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
Apparently a Brazilian retailer leaked the specs of the X+1. What do you guys think? Personally I would liked to have seen a slightly smaller screen.

http://www.examiner.com/article/moto...ilian-retailer
These leaks definitely seem to be getting louder. I too am really bummed about the screen. What will be a good upgrade path for the current Moto X users who want the same form factor in a year or two? The market definitely doesn't seem to want Moto X-sized phones... Which is a real shame.
LongLivePalm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xd1936 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Restola
Old
Thanks Meter 513
The page said at the bottom 'confirm specs prior to launch' or some such thing. It's a placeholder page the sleezy click-bait sites are posting.

Rattles
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd1936 View Post
These leaks definitely seem to be getting louder. I too am really bummed about the screen. What will be a good upgrade path for the current Moto X users who want the same form factor in a year or two? The market definitely doesn't seem to want Moto X-sized phones... Which is a real shame.
i really hope that if this turns out to be true, one of the other companies will step in and come up with a great 4.7" device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brett_day
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Yeah to me the 4.7-inch screen size is perfect. 5.2-inch is so weird....just a little too big for those that want a smaller phone, just a little too small for those that want a bigger screened phone. Otherwise the specs are pretty nice. If they can keep the price low enough though they will have a solid phone on their hands.
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4
The Following User Says Thank You to brett_day For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devilsdouble
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Oh for God's sake 5.2", really? Just have to go with the nonsense trend Moto? I hope the phone will not be bigger by more than 5-6% than the current one, but as I see it's not gonna happen!
The Following User Says Thank You to devilsdouble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trentonmc24
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd1936 View Post
The market does want Moto X sized phones, but manufacturers don't. Bigger phones are cheaper to make more powerful, so the flagship phones will always be the biggest. The market wasn't given a choice, if you wanted a flagship you had to buy the biggest phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

DaRkRhiNe
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I am hoping all these leaks are not of Moto X+1 but of some other phone (eg. Droid..) and Motorola is purposely allow these leaks to keep the all these parapazzi away from the ACTUAL Moto X+1. It would be so awesome

zed011
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Would be amazing to see a 4.7" screen at 1080p. Would be the first of its kind I believe. I don't recall any phone offering 1080p resolution below a 5" screen phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to zed011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlodykaras
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Htc one (m7) my friend

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to mlodykaras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]