Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life Since 4.4.2

Tip us?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2870
This theory should be easily tested by flashing a cm based rom. No Moto features.

Also, maybe people already know....but disabling active notification takes more than just freezing the active notification app. I'm not sure what else tho.

So I'm told. Lol

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

SymbioticGenius
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Yeah, but you can turn them off in settings. I would test that too, cause I doubt there could be 0 drain in 5 hours, but I don't care enough and if I start considering getting rid of those features I might as well get a different phone and slap CM on it.

P.S. I'm starting to hate having to force close the xda app anytime I want to post...

Moto X developer edition

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticGenius View Post
Yeah, but you can turn them off in settings. I would test that too, cause I doubt there could be 0 drain in 5 hours, but I don't care enough and if I start considering getting rid of those features I might as well get a different phone and slap CM on it.

P.S. I'm starting to hate having to force close the xda app anytime I want to post...

Moto X developer edition
Tapatalk is far better. Browser even better. But less convenient. Lol

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

thelogman
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Battery life is incredible for me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396052195546.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	2656357  

Puzzlegal
Old
Thanks Meter 10
My battery life improved when I upgraded to 4.4.2, and my reception got worse. I wonder if those are related.

I don't use Google Now (I don't really need a card telling me how long it would take to drive home) and I don't let most apps talk to location services. I do use touchless controls and active notifications. I think it's mildly amusing that "Okay Google Now" works fine when "Google Now" is off. I'm a fairly heavy user, doing a fair amount of forum surfing (tapatalk) during the day. I also play some resource-hogging games, like "Settlers of Catan".

But before I upgraded (and after I did a factory reset, but before I turned off Google Now) I had to charge my phone at work if I wanted to still have a useful phone in the evening. Now I don't.

eeshlikhith
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaraujo View Post
I have always wondered if touchless and active notifications were the ones to be blamed for the average 1%/h drain on standby but never did a test to try it out, until today
I charged my phone to 100%, turned off touchless controls and active notifications and let it rest through the night, when I woke up 5h and a half later (yes, I usually don't get much time of sleep), I was still on 100%, just I did when I had my N4
I haven't tested if the the % had remained the same over a few hours but I can definitely say disabling touchless controls, active notifications, ADM settings in google and putting the phone in airplane mode, my idle drain has decreased drastically to less than 1%/hr

southern87
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I had a 5% drop overnight in 9.5 hrs while since scree was off

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app
Device: Moto Z
ROM: Stock Rooted
Recovery:
Kernel: Stock
Device: HTC One (Killed by a wall)
ROM: GPE Converted
Recovery: TWRP