FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Boot Animation Changed

20th June 2014, 01:56 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Has anyone else's boot animation changed to a world cup themed one when booting the X?

I'm still on 4.4.2 by the way.
 
 
20th June 2014, 02:50 PM |#2  
KidJoe's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200

Has anyone else's boot animation changed to a world cup themed one when booting the X?

I'm still on 4.4.2 by the way.

Yes.

Moto Boot Services did it. If your bootloader is locked, it should have changed your cLogo file too (to a Moto "M" in a pinkish circle)


See also -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ation-t2786954 from a couple of days ago
20th June 2014, 03:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Not that I'm a big football fan but they're nice touches and good to know they roll these little updates out to users to show that they've not forgotten about their customers.
20th June 2014, 04:07 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I hardly ever reboot my phone... (550 hours and counting)
But I did notice that boot services got updated on the market...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2
21st June 2014, 05:03 PM |#5  
marvin02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 426
 
More
Previous thread on this topic
23rd June 2014, 01:38 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Lathrup Village
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanD-82

I hardly ever reboot my phone... (550 hours and counting)
But I did notice that boot services got updated on the market...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Thats funny. I rebooted my phone just to see this. I never reboot either.
25th June 2014, 08:28 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

Yes.

Moto Boot Services did it. If your bootloader is locked, it should have changed your cLogo file too (to a Moto "M" in a pinkish circle)


See also -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ation-t2786954 from a couple of days ago

hey mark

I'm running Project X rom. They have a different bootanimation. Any idea how i can get motorola boot services to overwrite than and update the boot animation?
25th June 2014, 12:12 PM |#8  
KidJoe's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac1

hey mark

I'm running Project X rom. They have a different bootanimation. Any idea how i can get motorola boot services to overwrite than and update the boot animation?

I don't know enough about that custom rom to know if they have their boot animation in the same locations as "stock", and if the Moto Boot Services app can be installed on it.

I mean, if Project X rom handles boot animation like stock, and you can get Moto Boot Services app installed, I don't see why it wont work the same as it does on the Stock Rom...

Then again, I don't know if the Moto Boot Services app also has a check to make sure you are on stock rom before it updates the boot animations. I know it checks and gives you a different version of the animation (that includes the Verizon logo) if you have a Verizon X.

The other option is to change the animation manually, or try something like XYZ Toolbox to change it.
26th June 2014, 11:01 PM |#9  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I got the update but my animation did not change. Kind of glad it did not. I dislike soccer and don't care about the world cup.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tallest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes