Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot Animation Changed

Tip us?

Wutang200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Boot Animation Changed

Has anyone else's boot animation changed to a world cup themed one when booting the X?

I'm still on 4.4.2 by the way.
iPhone 4-->Nexus 4-->Nexus 5-->Moto X (XT1052)
Nissan 200SX/Silvia Tuning Guide

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200 View Post
Has anyone else's boot animation changed to a world cup themed one when booting the X?

I'm still on 4.4.2 by the way.
Yes.

Moto Boot Services did it. If your bootloader is locked, it should have changed your cLogo file too (to a Moto "M" in a pinkish circle)

See also -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ation-t2786954 from a couple of days ago
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Wutang200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Not that I'm a big football fan but they're nice touches and good to know they roll these little updates out to users to show that they've not forgotten about their customers.
iPhone 4-->Nexus 4-->Nexus 5-->Moto X (XT1052)
Nissan 200SX/Silvia Tuning Guide

SanD-82
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I hardly ever reboot my phone... (550 hours and counting)
But I did notice that boot services got updated on the market...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Previous thread on this topic
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

lopezpm
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanD-82 View Post
I hardly ever reboot my phone... (550 hours and counting)
But I did notice that boot services got updated on the market...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2
Thats funny. I rebooted my phone just to see this. I never reboot either.

pyromaniac1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Yes.

Moto Boot Services did it. If your bootloader is locked, it should have changed your cLogo file too (to a Moto "M" in a pinkish circle)

See also -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...ation-t2786954 from a couple of days ago
hey mark

I'm running Project X rom. They have a different bootanimation. Any idea how i can get motorola boot services to overwrite than and update the boot animation?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac1 View Post
hey mark

I'm running Project X rom. They have a different bootanimation. Any idea how i can get motorola boot services to overwrite than and update the boot animation?
I don't know enough about that custom rom to know if they have their boot animation in the same locations as "stock", and if the Moto Boot Services app can be installed on it.

I mean, if Project X rom handles boot animation like stock, and you can get Moto Boot Services app installed, I don't see why it wont work the same as it does on the Stock Rom...

Then again, I don't know if the Moto Boot Services app also has a check to make sure you are on stock rom before it updates the boot animations. I know it checks and gives you a different version of the animation (that includes the Verizon logo) if you have a Verizon X.

The other option is to change the animation manually, or try something like XYZ Toolbox to change it.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Tallest
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I got the update but my animation did not change. Kind of glad it did not. I dislike soccer and don't care about the world cup.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Tallest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]