Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cast screen to Chromecast

Tip us?

oquinones
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Default Cast screen to Chromecast

This popped up last night after listening to some music on my Chromecast. There was an option on my quick settings. I tried to connect but it fails. I wonder if Moto is working on this now that the SDK is out.

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392384414842.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	2578809   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392384426950.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	2578812  

emailrob
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oquinones View Post
This popped up last night after listening to some music on my Chromecast. There was an option on my quick settings. I tried to connect but it fails. I wonder if Moto is working on this now that the SDK is out.

You've always been able to cast google play music to chromecast. Perhaps that's what it was asking, rather than actual screen mirroring. There is an option for screen mirroring elsewhere in the settings, but it doesn't so anything yet.

Acela1230
Old
Thanks Meter 269
I just got the same thing on my nexus 5. I haven't used any media streaming for a few days and my chromecast wasn't even active. I have been trying to find out more but all I can find is the reports about Koush's Google+ post saying that he could do it and reports from December that code for it was in 4.4.1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

oquinones
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acela1230 View Post
I just got the same thing on my nexus 5. I haven't used any media streaming for a few days and my chromecast wasn't even active. I have been trying to find out more but all I can find is the reports about Koush's Google+ post saying that he could do it and reports from December that code for it was in 4.4.1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app
I just a video he posted on Google+ of him mirroring to Chromecast. Should be close to release then.

https://plus.google.com/110558071969...ts/U4PKUrmedZe

The Following User Says Thank You to oquinones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dems86
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailrob View Post
You've always been able to cast google play music to chromecast. Perhaps that's what it was asking, rather than actual screen mirroring. There is an option for screen mirroring elsewhere in the settings, but it doesn't so anything yet.
Cast screen option from quick settings is completely different than casting specific app, inside said app.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk