Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New code of conduct

Tip us?

rebretz000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Default New code of conduct

People need to stop bitching and complaining and instant messaging developers about their builds.

Because of your attitude of entitlement you cost us one of the best ROM developers the community had. He busted his ass to release a top notch stock ROM with some sweet customizations. But people had to bitch about not being able to use this or that and had the audacity to say they used his ROM if he'd just do this or that.

If you have a problem with how the developers built their goods then don't use them and use something else or build your own.

These developers take time out of their lives to make a ROM or a kernel for us to use and never demand any payments in return. This is a hobby for them and we should be grateful they let us use what they develop.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to rebretz000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

canezila
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Well said.

termleech
Old
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Welcome to xda where all the ungrateful idiots live. I stopped doing dev a lot time ago because of it.

Team BAKED Developer / Maintainer

Donations are never expected but always welcomed. Click here to donate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to termleech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000 View Post
People need to stop bitching and complaining and instant messaging developers about their builds.

Because of your attitude of entitlement you cost us one of the best ROM developers the community had. He busted his ass to release a top notch stock ROM with some sweet customizations. But people had to bitch about not being able to use this or that and had the audacity to say they used his ROM if he'd just do this or that.

If you have a problem with how the developers built their goods then don't use them and use something else or build your own.

These developers take time out of their lives to make a ROM or a kernel for us to use and never demand any payments in return. This is a hobby for them and we should be grateful they let us use what they develop.

who did we loose and what rom

im kinda pissed right now after reading this. we dont have many dev's for are phone so for some noobs to run off a dev who was taking time outta of his life to make us a good rom has me very heated.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaoslimits
Old
Thanks Meter 140
There are always people who do not contribute anything but are ever ready to complain. Anyone who has put anytime into any dev/mod work understands how much people like @nitroglycerine33 put into doing this for FREE. I don't use Eclipse but shame on the people responsible for this.

Moto Droid X (sold) > Samsung Galaxy (sold) > Moto X Dev ED
Useful post, there's a THANKS button for that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaoslimits For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rebretz000
Old
(Last edited by rebretz000; 16th February 2014 at 10:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
I know the community in general has lost a lot of good developers in the last year.

As I don't have the capacity to build myself, I always say thanks and donate when I have the funds. Now there's a new crop who don't realize or care about all the work that goes into what the Developers do and just expect them to make whatever they demand. Sometimes **** just isn't compatible.

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000 View Post
I know the community in general has lost a lot of good developers in the last year.

As I don't have the capacity to build myself, I always say thanks and donate when I have the funds. Now there's a new crop who don't realize or care about all the work that goes into what the Developers do and just expect them to make whatever they demand. Sometimes **** just isn't compatible.
XDA has changed or maybe it is just the Moto X's customer base because no one is ever happy

i just feel people can't read before asking, there greedy they have to have everything they want, and i second the fact of that they have no idea what it takes to develop these root exploits, Roms, ect. i was going to try and start creating roms for are phone but i have pushed back because i dont know if i even want to deal with everything that comes with it. i still might because i want to learn anyway but i might just keep the rom private. i havent decided yet. but i swear if people push away another dev i want to make the rom threads view only.

i mean we just got Flaux to start building his kernel for are phone we are finally starting to get some dev support and now people want to push the dev's away but not even 5 months ago everyone was complaining that we had no DEV support.

IDK end rant
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dray_jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rebretz000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
XDA has changed or maybe it is just the Moto X's customer base because no one is ever happy

i just feel people can't read before asking, there greedy they have to have everything they want, and i second the fact of that they have no idea what it takes to develop these root exploits, Roms, ect. i was going to try and start creating roms for are phone but i have pushed back because i dont know if i even want to deal with everything that comes with it. i still might because i want to learn anyway but i might just keep the rom private. i havent decided yet. but i swear if people push away another dev i want to make the rom threads view only.

i mean we just got Flaux to start building his kernel for are phone we are finally starting to get some dev support and now people want to push the dev's away but not even 5 months ago everyone was complaining that we had no DEV support.

IDK end rant
Well said and it's the community in general. It's a shame to.

canezila
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech View Post
Welcome to xda where all the ungrateful idiots live. I stopped doing dev a lot time ago because of it.

Wish there was a way to reinvent the procedures here so that people understood who they are talking to. This isnt a box store employee trying to sell you something .... people here have passion, talent and code writing skill.

And to hear that someone from Team Baked stopped (or maybe we had a chance at their dev skills) makes me even more frustrated. Team Baked, Nitro... these people and groups need to be respected and allowed to work without headache.

Isnt there a way to open a Moto X Original Pain In The A$$ thread and people can vent or whatever? But I guess the people feeling like they even have a reason to vent is the problem. Maybe there needs to be a QUOTA of donations BEFORE people can say anything negative or request anything.

termleech
Old
Thanks Meter 904

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post

IDK end rant
I think faux finally got tired of me making fun of him not having the Moto X haha. It's good to have him on board though.

Team BAKED Developer / Maintainer

Donations are never expected but always welcomed. Click here to donate.