5,603,920 Members 42,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cosmetic flaws

Tip us?

overthatscreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
They offered me the same advanced order initially. Just that now I want to go case-less and need a perfectly smooth back. Since its there, might as well swap out the screen due to a piece of lint and not being flush. As for the 30 day return period... I'm sure they'll OK it if I change my mind. Its not my fault there's something wrong with the phone. If all else fails, switching to Nexus 5 or GPE HTC One because I hate the Galaxy S4.

I have to say though, it is nice jumping back onto the old Galaxy Nexus with CM11.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Palm Pre, EVO 4G, Galaxy S2, Sensation 4G, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Moto X

murso74
Old
Thanks Meter 214
I have the same bezel flaw and I wish I had gotten it taken care of when I got the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

overthatscreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
So I finally got my phone back yesterday. At first glance they didn't fix anything. I still have debris behind the screen, barely noticeable. Still have the defects on the back cover. So naturally I called, as I have been all last week, and spoke directly with the Repair Call Center Manager on Duty and he is sending out a new Moto X because of my problems with the phone. On top of that, because of all the BS I dealt with last week, I got a bunch of other free stuff altogether. First off, they gave a free Commuter case the first week I had the phone. Called back and complained about their horrible repair lead time and misinformation and got a Power Pack 3000. Called the day my phone was to be shipped out and got a free Bluetooth Car Speaker. Called yesterday because I didn't get my Moto X Retail Box back even though I was promised I would and I got a free Motorola Buds Bluetooth Headset.

So yeah, I made them pay for their overall poor Customer Service. I explained to the manager that I was not about to put my funds on hold for their mistakes and that I wanted to know who was going to take full responsibility for the actions that have occurred. I stood my ground and made them sorry for treating me that way. Hence I ended up with about $214 of free stuff.

If I don't get my new phone by Thursday, hell will break loose again, this time I won't hold back.

And just for the record, they don't know if anyone has already offered you a free accessory, hence they offered the Power Pack twice.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
Palm Pre, EVO 4G, Galaxy S2, Sensation 4G, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Moto X

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthatscreen View Post
So I finally got my phone back yesterday. At first glance they didn't fix anything. I still have debris behind the screen, barely noticeable. Still have the defects on the back cover. So naturally I called, as I have been all last week, and spoke directly with the Repair Call Center Manager on Duty and he is sending out a new Moto X because of my problems with the phone. On top of that, because of all the BS I dealt with last week, I got a bunch of other free stuff altogether. First off, they gave a free Commuter case the first week I had the phone. Called back and complained about their horrible repair lead time and misinformation and got a Power Pack 3000. Called the day my phone was to be shipped out and got a free Bluetooth Car Speaker. Called yesterday because I didn't get my Moto X Retail Box back even though I was promised I would and I got a free Motorola Buds Bluetooth Headset.

So yeah, I made them pay for their overall poor Customer Service. I explained to the manager that I was not about to put my funds on hold for their mistakes and that I wanted to know who was going to take full responsibility for the actions that have occurred. I stood my ground and made them sorry for treating me that way. Hence I ended up with about $214 of free stuff.

If I don't get my new phone by Thursday, hell will break loose again, this time I won't hold back.

And just for the record, they don't know if anyone has already offered you a free accessory, hence they offered the Power Pack twice.

I bet you get free hotel rooms too?

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

overthatscreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
I bet you get free hotel rooms too?

No free hotel rooms yet. But I'm working on it. That's what they get for messing with a retired Bill Collector.

matt99017d
Old
Thanks Meter 162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No free hotel rooms yet. But I'm working on it. That's what they get for messing with a retired Bill Collector.

You tell em........I'm sure your trouble was "worth" 200+ bucks.

Way to keep the general prices up for everyone else. It was free to you, but the rest of the world now has to pay for you "teaching them a lesson"

Sent from non rooted motoX :'(

overthatscreen
Old
(Last edited by overthatscreen; 13th March 2014 at 03:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Of course it's teaching them a lesson. I paid a fair price for a phone that should have came in a better condition than that. If it was to be fair, they should've allowed me to use the flawed Bitcoin payment in exchange for the phone.

But if you're up for paying for an item only to receive it with flaws that's you're own choice. I have a few junk cars that you might be interested in.

And from a real consumers point of view. I don't mind paying good money for a good product. But if you think I would let you pull a fast one on me, you are in for a world of hurt.

And by the way, you may have already paid the price by not standing up for yourself and allowing companies to push you around to make a profit. I'm just not gullible enough to allow that. I was just hoping to help anyone else who has had a fast one pulled on them.

The Following User Says Thank You to overthatscreen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1655
You must be a treat to deal with in stores at the returns desk. Wow! Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to kj2112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overthatscreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
You must be a treat to deal with in stores at the returns desk. Wow! Lol

I actually don't return items too often unless it doesn't work as suggested. But if you like being ripped off, by all means go for it.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
Quote:
Of course it's teaching them a lesson. I paid a fair price for a phone that should have came in a better condition than that. If it was to be fair, they should've allowed me to use the flawed Bitcoin payment in exchange for the phone.

But if you're up for paying for an item only to receive it with flaws that's you're own choice. I have a few junk cars that you might be interested in.

And from a real consumers point of view. I don't mind paying good money for a good product. But if you think I would let you pull a fast one on me, you are in for a world of hurt.

And by the way, you may have already paid the price by not standing up for yourself and allowing companies to push you around to make a profit. I'm just not gullible enough to allow that. I was just hoping to help anyone else who has had a fast one pulled on them.

You and I share the same philosophy. If I pay good money (or any money) for a product, it better be FLAWLESS otherwise you bet your a$$ I'm going to raise hell and keep exchanging until I get what I want. I went through 5 HTC One X's in a 2 week period just trying to get a flawless one. Went through 4 Nexus 7s as well. The whole argument about people like you and I driving costs up is ridiculous and without any merit- if anything it's beneficial to everyone else because it lets manufacturers know that they are releasing defective products and they can't get away with it, and in a perfect world ultimately resulting in stricter quality control. People who are OK with keeping defective products are the ones who hurt the industry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
\m/(-_-)\m/

The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]