Dropped my X in the tub full of water

OP rweddy1

3rd June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 47

282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awedmagnet

ahh pity. no warranty?

Through Verizon.. doesn't cover water.. got squaretrade on all my tablets.. need to switch phone over to it...
6th June 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #22  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 5

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wctaylor79

Nothing right below the cover that I saw for water damage indication... probably has hidden else where in the phone... all night left to dry... got the green light to come on when connected to charger.. but phone still paperweight...

Wait.... Green light? Since when does the moto x have a green light on it? Like a notification led? I've never seen one on my phone.
6th June 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 47

282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohshaith55

Wait.... Green light? Since when does the moto x have a green light on it? Like a notification led? I've never seen one on my phone.

Yeah there is a green LED light behind the phone speaker. It is something you would only see if the phone was way dead on batter. Like if your phone didn't have enough power to even come on when plugged into the charger it would have the green LED. Well i was also rooted and unlocked so I used one the hacks in the theme section and programmed the light to work whenever the phone was charging. So it was telling me that there was a connection and it was charging, but never came back on.. almost a week now and phone dead as a paperweight, Don't even get the green light anymore, If you search through the theme section you will find all kinds of stuff in regards to the green LED light behind the speaker..
6th June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #24  
Flag Dallas, TX

18 posts
More
Oh I see. I mean I had heard about the hidden led but I didn't think it actually ever came on, since, like you said, the display just usually comes on.

That's a crazy disparity in waterproof...ness

Oh but you know that moto will replace phones made with moto maker once for free right? Even if its your fault
Last edited by ohshaith55; 6th June 2014 at 06:50 PM.
25th June 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 37

264 posts
So took my phone while running for 40min for the gps tracking and got completely soaked in rain while holding the phone in hand. The X was in case and I was holding to cover the camera, but the speaker holes were open.

The phone went nuts immediately after I stopped running. It shut off, and tried to turn on it self, but then off again after some time it booted fine, but turned off again while on a call. The water got somewhere, don't know if the damage is permanent.
Last edited by cipsaz; 26th June 2014 at 12:36 AM.
25th June 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 24

153 posts
More
my green LED comes on only when plugged in and I receive a notification
26th June 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 37

264 posts
UPDATE

Seems like my Moto X is working fine after getting soaked in rain.

Please be caution with rain/water. Don't test its limits. Avoid it.
2nd July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #28  
Flag Jerz

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohshaith55

Oh but you know that moto will replace phones made with moto maker once for free right? Even if its your fault

Yeah the most annoying part is it is only for the Moto Maker version. The more expensive Developer Edition is not covered. I guess when the X+1 comes out I'm going with a Moto Maker version and not the Developer Edition again due to this very reason.
3rd July 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 12

240 posts
How do you get it replaced?

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread