Enable Moto X Charging LED (without Tasker)

Search This thread

Apr 18, 2008
well holy crap. this is the first time i've actually seen the light (no pun), and i've run my battery down a few times, and i've still yet to see it. i was convinced my light must not work!

special request, can you add/change the heartbeat mode to more of a fade on/off appearance. the constant blinking is a distraction.

thanks OP!

Last edited:
Reactions: fury683

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
well holy crap. this is the first time i've actually seen the light (no pun), and i've run my battery down a few times, and i've still yet to see it. i was convinced my light must not work!

special request, can you add/change the heartbeat mode to more of a fade on/off appearance. the constant blinking is a distraction.

thanks OP!

I can only implement options that exist in the phone already. All this does is make them accessible.

sumonmolla

Feb 24, 2014
Now i download it in my moto x.. I will use it next time. I think it should be good working. All are saying good working, nice working, so i think it will be good also.. thanks.

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Great app...thanks OP. Simple, light, and most importantly works as advertised on my Unlocked Motomaker VZW Moto X.

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
This is great I was using the other charging app but when it as plugged in and the led on my capacitive buttons would not light up. Your app doesn't interfere with my buttons lighting up. I also love the slide bar for brightness very simple nice job. I have a maxx.

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Quick question... Is anyone seeing reduced battery life after installing this app? I saw a sharp decline in battery life after installing, but it could be a pure coincidence.

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
Quick question... Is anyone seeing reduced battery life after installing this app? I saw a sharp decline in battery life after installing, but it could be a pure coincidence.

I have not seen a decrease, and get very similar battery life (15-18 hours with 4-5 hours SOT) as my roommate who has a T-Mobile Moto X that is not rooted and does not use this app.

No one else has reported any issues with battery life either.

D

Darth

Had this on the wifes moto x since it was made....no impact on battery life.

Just my experience. ?

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Thanks for the feedback everyone... Must have been something else I installed. Which is good news, cause the app works great and I like having the LED working, especially since its already there.

luiscedillo80

Feb 15, 2011
lagos de moreno
Xiaomi 12
cool

hey dev thnks a lot works terrific. i love heartbeat funtion. can you add more led funtions? heartbeat more slow. effect breathing something like that well only a idea. anyway a love your app thnks a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well there was a thread that was going, but the OP decided to post warez links and it got closed. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601850

I made an app with Tasker App Factory that does what the original post explains in a video (http://m.androidauthority.com/moto-x-green-notification-331710/), for those that don't have/want Tasker.

This is the first time I've shared anything that I've made in Tasker, and I can't say why it has some of the permissions it does, honestly. If anyone cna elaborate on why it does has those default permissions, that'd be great.

DISCLAIMER: As I stated above, this is my first app. I tested it on my Verizon Moto Maker edition Moto X that is rooted on 4.4. I take no responsibility for what happens to your phone or anything you do with this app. It worked fine for me, but I make no promises it will work for you. :)

Latest Version: https://copy.com/uUWpwXnGdJXpPIC
    - Latest one adds in a few more options for how the light is displayed, and a brightness setting.

Original Version: https://copy.com/9w9TlRH2yt3L3BC

Install, run, and accept the root request (root is needed for the shell command, just as it is in the Tasker profile). It will also run the command when you boot, and starts working a few seconds after the phone turns on.

Note: If you decide you don't like it and uninstall the app, you will probably need to reboot after uninstalling to disable the LED.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. I personally don't care for it, but I like making stuff in Tasker and thought I'd give it a shot.
    Installed and works. But isnt it supposed to switch off the light once the phone is charged?

Running on AT&T XT1058 KK

It is set to display the LED when it is charging or full. When I get a few minutes I can update with other options.
    I updated OP with a new link, newer version with more options.
    I haven't rooted a phone in a decade. Lots of reading ahead. Thanks again!

Just curious.. what were you rooting 10 years ago?
    very cool! Thanks!!!! Seems to be working just fine.

If you plan to add anything, a slow fade on and off would be a nice addition as well!

I don't know of a way to change the behavior of the LED other than what's there. It can only do things defined by the system software at this point. If anything else becomes available, I'll see about updating it.