Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 42,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After filing a complaint with the FCC against Verizon, I got a call from a VZW rep

Tip us?

Jason.DROID
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default After filing a complaint with the FCC against Verizon, I got a call from a VZW rep

So, as some of you know, if you use the XT1060 with T-Mobile and connect to LTE, you'll have one of two issues: 1) it connects to LTE, but you can no longer call out (or receive calls) as the phone falls back to CDMA even when locked out in the network settings, or 2) it doesn't connect to LTE because it locks the T-Mobile 3G APN in even when a manual entry T-Mobile LTE APN is selected (my issue). My X absolutely REFUSED to move to fast.t-mobile.com and failed to connect to LTE and had absolutely no signal whatsoever (no HSPA or GSM even when on LTE/GSM/UMTS). The reason from the tower: APNfailed. Tried a million times to change the APN in the LTE area to no avail.

I've found it will only change to fast.t-mobile.com (manually entered) in a non-LTE area. Well that's a great inconvenience. I had to disable LTE completely and restart the phone to get it back on HSPA+ (or wait 5-10 minutes).

Anyway, the Verizon rep called me to "troubleshoot" my issues when connecting to T-Mobile LTE. I refused to go through the typical troubleshooting steps because none of it worked when I tried, so it's not magically going to change. I found that interesting (that they'd call me) even though I've had no direct contact with Verizon. Anyway, nothing was really resolved.

Both of these issues are violations of the C-block agreement. Also, if you select Global mode, it'll default to EDGE even though HSPA is available. It'll go to HSPA after selecting LTE/GSM/UMTS, UMTS only, then move back to Global. Interesting how they make you go through these hoops, eh?

XAlexander_AlexanderX
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.DROID View Post
So, as some of you know, if you use the XT1060 with T-Mobile and connect to LTE, you'll have one of two issues: 1) it connects to LTE, but you can no longer call out (or receive calls) as the phone falls back to CDMA even when locked out in the network settings, or 2) it doesn't connect to LTE because it locks the T-Mobile 3G APN in even when a manual entry T-Mobile LTE APN is selected (my issue). My X absolutely REFUSED to move to fast.t-mobile.com and failed to connect to LTE and had absolutely no signal whatsoever (no HSPA or GSM even when on LTE/GSM/UMTS). The reason from the tower: APNfailed. Tried a million times to change the APN in the LTE area to no avail.

I've found it will only change to fast.t-mobile.com (manually entered) in a non-LTE area. Well that's a great inconvenience. I had to disable LTE completely and restart the phone to get it back on HSPA+ (or wait 5-10 minutes).

Anyway, the Verizon rep called me to "troubleshoot" my issues when connecting to T-Mobile LTE. I refused to go through the typical troubleshooting steps because none of it worked when I tried, so it's not magically going to change. I found that interesting (that they'd call me) even though I've had no direct contact with Verizon. Anyway, nothing was really resolved.

Both of these issues are violations of the C-block agreement. Also, if you select Global mode, it'll default to EDGE even though HSPA is available. It'll go to HSPA after selecting LTE/GSM/UMTS, UMTS only, then move back to Global. Interesting how they make you go through these hoops, eh?
Wow. Hopefully something changes with Verizon and letting people use LTE on other carriers. I know almost all Verizon phones don't get LTE on any carrier other than Verizon even if the LTE bands are supported. Verizon is full of crap.
Current Device: MOTO X
Rooted, Dev Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
Previous Devices: T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, Droid Incredible 2, LG G2X, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus L9 P769, AT&T HOX+