Frer 50GB on Gdrive for 2 years

Search This thread
T

thund3rbay

Open Gdrive on your new moto x ;) you see an offer for 50GB for free for 2 years !

Thanks google just cancel my 4.99$/mo subscription

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KY Wildcats

Dec 8, 2012
Open Google Drive on a display model at ATT....just sayin' :good:

takes maybe 5 minutes to add/remove your google account, just make sure to uncheck all the sync boxes to be safe :laugh:

Reactions: Wingdom and Droyyd

oxeneers

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, Calif.
www.oxeneers.com
Just a note to you guys:

I got 100GB by getting a Chromebook, and my Moto X prompted me for the free 50GB but it never added on. Looks like Google will only allow you to do one promo, and these "promos" don't stack. :(

mjj00

Aug 24, 2013
And ATourA

Just a note to you guys:

I got 100GB by getting a Chromebook, and my Moto X prompted me for the free 50GB but it never added on. Looks like Google will only allow you to do one promo, and these "promos" don't stack. :(

Oh wow, I didn't know promos don't stack. Either way I'm pretty sure 100GB is enough for many people !

lensgrabber

May 10, 2012
Golden

takes maybe 5 minutes to add/remove your google account, just make sure to uncheck all the sync boxes to be safe :laugh:

Make sure to add your account before going into Gdrive. When you go into Gdrive it asks you which account you want to use to redeem and lists the accounts already in the phone. I tried and apparently screwed up or it didn't work. I'll assume I just screwed up.

KY Wildcats

Dec 8, 2012
Make sure to add your account before going into Gdrive. When you go into Gdrive it asks you which account you want to use to redeem and lists the accounts already in the phone. I tried and apparently screwed up or it didn't work. I'll assume I just screwed up.

i didn't add mine before opening, cuz I didn't even realize I would be able to redeem it until I opened. I just exited without touching anythign then went to add my account, came back and redeemed it on mine.

so then the next day I went out and bought my 16gb black in store....can't redeem it again on my phone LOL

:cool: sometimes I do things just to do them

Reactions: o_z0ne

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Can someone versed in Google drive answer a question for me? Is there a way to make photos upload automatically to drive, or should I just use Google plus for that?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

planktoid

Aug 24, 2012
Vernon, British Columbia
There is an app on play store for auto upload pictures to gDrive.

Re: stacking promotion with chrome book, the promo between moto x and chromebook stack nicely. You just have to open / close drive after your redeem or wait a few minutes to see your storage size reflected change.

Sent from my Moto X using xda app-developers app

coolove23

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto
I got my Moto X from Rogers, unlocked it... Using with Virgin and working great. Got 50gb of GDrive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

lensgrabber

May 10, 2012
Golden
Is there anything Gdrive is better than over dropbox? (other than being free with the X) Serious question. At $4.99 a month for 100gb it's pretty cheap. hmm so that brings up other questions. If you have 15gb already does it stack to 65gb then if you add the $4.99 a month for 100 does that stack to 165 gig? That's what I want if it works.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Open Gdrive on your new moto x ;) you see an offer for 50GB for free for 2 years !
Are there details on this offer anywhere? Like is this for ALL carriers? or just certain ones?

Like the DropBox deal on the Galaxy S3 was available for T-Mobile S3 users, but not Verizon S3.

EDIT: "spects" tab on Verizon's page for the X does say "Get 50 GB of storage on Google Drive, free for two years."

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2013
androidteen.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A tip -- if you happened to skip over the redeem button and can't find it again, just go to Settings -> Product Tour in Drive and it will be there (if you had it to begin with).

i didn't add mine before opening, cuz I didn't even realize I would be able to redeem it until I opened. I just exited without touching anythign then went to add my account, came back and redeemed it on mine.

so then the next day I went out and bought my 16gb black in store....can't redeem it again on my phone LOL

If you're still not able to redeem follow these steps:
    Go to Settings->Apps->All Tab
    Scroll to Drive and open
    Hit Force Stop & then Clear data
    Go back home, and open Drive, it should force you through the tutorial again, as well as redeeming your +50 GB.

Enjoy.
    Can't get the Moto X build.prop without root... Sneaky, sneaky, Google.

Right?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44827668&postcount=4

You're welcome.