[FXZ] Moto X 4.4.4 212.55.26 (XT1060)

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Um, it should not have given a security downgrade error on an OTA. What was flashed on that phone BEFORE you tried to update it? Cause if it was a non-xt1060 firmware taking an OTA can brick it.

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
Um, it should not have given a security downgrade error on an OTA. What was flashed on that phone BEFORE you tried to update it? Cause if it was a non-xt1060 firmware taking an OTA can brick it.
Not sure -- bought it from Swappa and it came with Android Version 4.4 (no 4.4.x listed).

I flashed the 4.4.4 FXZ from Verizon and now I am all set. I should be able to take the 5.0 update when it comes OTA now correct? This should have fixed all my issues? Is there a way to do any type of verification?

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
It should be ok now. All partitions should be official VZW xt1060 so when the OTA comes out, it should be all good.

Reactions: Stigy

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
now that sbf is gone any place you know of to download the 4.4.4 firmware? I tried motofirmware.com but its nothing but a blank page.

Moto has posted MOTO X, VZW Dev Edition: KK-4.4.4-KXA21.12-L1.26.1-1 (VZW) On their web site -> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/recovery-images

Alternate location that still works for other rom downloads is -> http://www.filefactory.com/folder/dd05c058d3ff8dbe/?sort=created&order=DESC&show=100&page=1 but make sure you are getting the right one as they are uploading 2014 X roms there too.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
@SamuriHL I apologize if I'm asking wrong question or at the wrong place, but do you have any guidance in terms of updating xt1060 to 5.1?

What kind of guidance are you looking for? To take an OTA you need to be completely stock on the version that the OTA is designed to upgrade. Let me know what kind of help you need.

a1exus

Jun 4, 2008
NYC
alexus.org
What kind of guidance are you looking for? To take an OTA you need to be completely stock on the version that the OTA is designed to upgrade. Let me know what kind of help you need.

I thought 5.1 is already out for my phone, which is not the case( so I guess I'm going have to wait, I'm using Safestrap, but like I said I'll wait)
Thank you for responding to me, I appreciate it.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I thought 5.1 is already out for my phone, which is not the case( so I guess I'm going have to wait, I'm using Safestrap, but like I said I'll wait)
Thank you for responding to me, I appreciate it.

So when the OTA is available, in your case since you're using safestrap, you will have to restore to complete stock system partition in order for the OTA to install. Also know that on a new build, root may or may not be available so getting safestrap back up and running after the upgrade could prove problematic.

Reactions: B.E.McAllister

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

NOTE: Once you apply this update, you can NOT downgrade to a previous version. This applies to locked AND unlocked users! You have been warned.

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked Moto X xt1060 owner, from any version to 4.4.4 (KXA21.12-L1.26).

Things you will need:

FXZ KXA21.12-L1.26 Thanks to @stras1234 and @Skrilax_CZ

44310B2E4A0016ABDFD108DC9E6F4B89 (as requested)

WARNING: This new FXZ contains the erase userdata line so it WILL wipe your data.

Instructions:

Use the RSD Flasher with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using RSD Lite.

Alternatively you can use House of Moto with the KEEP DATA option to flash this to your phone using motofastboot.

This will get you a clean OTA install with no data loss. You will lose root.
    All I know is Topsnake and the SamuriHL helped me a lot by providing goodies.
    I can say that when I tried to use the RSD flasher SamuriHL was kind of to put together it failed for me. I ended up just open RSD Lite myself and using it.
    Why did it fail? I forgot to only plug my phone into USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0, but that was my bad.
    Topsnake was nice enough to give us the Droid Ultra's radios/baseband, which has resulted in better signal strength.
    I say thank you.
    And what pisses ME off about the "android community" is people that fail to do ANY kind of reading and expect answers to be handed to them. Entitlement irritates me to no end. Instead of doing any research on your own, you're pissed off cause no one would answer your "simple question" that had a pretty damn obvious answer given that the version is in the title of the thread. But hey, blame everyone else instead of taking responsibility for your failure to do any kind of research. Good luck.
    SMH....remember when this was a thread for helping people install the xt1060 4.4.4 FXZ? Seems like so long ago now...
    You're a good man, SamuraiHL...

attachment.php