Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Motorola App 47 58.02%
Google App 33 40.74%
None of these! 7 8.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Google camera vs Motorola camera (APP)

Tip us?

NetworkingPro
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I love the Moto app for quick snaphots. Anything artistic then its the Google camera for sure.

jamesino
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Is there anyway to set the "2 flicks of the wrist" to launch a different default camera app, one that's downloaded from the Play store, instead of Moto's default camera?

I noticed that moto's default camera is a bit slow from the time you press the screen to take the picture to when it actually take the picture.

In comparison, my AOSP Galaxy S3's camera takes photos instantly after focus is locked. When you tap the blue shutter button the phone instantly snaps the photo, instead of waiting for the aperture blades circle animation to fill like on the Moto X

Arak-Nafein
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesino View Post
Is there anyway to set the "2 flicks of the wrist" to launch a different default camera app, one that's downloaded from the Play store, instead of Moto's default camera?

I noticed that moto's default camera is a bit slow from the time you press the screen to take the picture to when it actually take the picture.

In comparison, my AOSP Galaxy S3's camera takes photos instantly after focus is locked. When you tap the blue shutter button the phone instantly snaps the photo, instead of waiting for the aperture blades circle animation to fill like on the Moto X
Yes, but it requires root & xposed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...to-xs-t2722112

DonDizzurp
Old
Thanks Meter 396
I prefer the Moto camera. The only thing they need to work on is focusing. I want to be able to touch-to-focus like with Android's camera.
Current Phone: Phone hopping

Current Tablet: LG G-Pad 8.3
ROM: CyanogenMod v11 (nightly)
Kernel: Original CM11 Kernel
Recovery: TWRP v2.6.3.2

keep going

lol you clicked for no reason

Arak-Nafein
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDizzurp View Post
I prefer the Moto camera. The only thing they need to work on is focusing. I want to be able to touch-to-focus like with Android's camera.
The drag-to-focus on the moto camera isn't too bad!
The Following User Says Thank You to Arak-Nafein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
app, camera, google, moto x, motorola