Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Flash Sprint Moto X to Page Plus

Tip us?

reds28heem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
I'm still waiting for a U.S. user to test and advise....I *think* so, but haven't received confirmation. This info is in the OP - it will be updated as soon as confirmation is received. I KNOW it works for all international GSM carriers for sure.

Glad you got the CDMA flash worked out. @ezeuba found the solution to the HDR AN Long password not sticking. Everyone who successfully uses this method, THANK the OP, and @ezeuba for finding out that NVITEM 8035 is responsible for the MIP Profile Lock!!!!

Cool. im going to try to put together a Tutorial of my own based on the OP for myself but with pics. Once done I could share with everyone and give proper credit to the OP.

question. will we be able to sim-unlock our already flashed phones, if so that would be sweet.

samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 23rd July 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds28heem View Post
Cool. im going to try to put together a Tutorial of my own based on the OP for myself but with pics. Once done I could share with everyone and give proper credit to the OP.

question. will we be able to sim-unlock our already flashed phones, if so that would be sweet.
Yes, BUT there is a caveat:

If you flash the nv-ruim-only.txt file, it will set RUIM CONFIG to "RUIM Only" so that you don't have to switch back to "GSM/UMTS" after each reboot. BUT!!! This will prevent the phone from working on CDMA at all unless you use flash the revert file.

If you don't flash the nv-ruim-only file, it will continue to revert to CDMA upon reboot, so if you want GSM, you'll have to go into the settings and switch to GSM/UMTS every time...
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

tezko93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you for the tuto

reds28heem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a question.. This person on CL that I'm talking to is selling 2 Moto X from Ntelos. Now from what I know its the same exact model has the Sprint Moto X. So I'm thinking I can just flash them both to Page Plus sense its the same as the Sprint model. Now before I flashed my current Sprint Moto X that I was going to get remote flashed by some website before I knew it was possible for me to do myself. I asked the guy that was going to remote flash my Sprint Moto X will he also be able to flash the Ntelos Moto X. He said no. I said why not, he told they can't do that model, I then told him its the same model as the Sprint he still told me no. So I left it has that. Then I went back as again another day to the website and asked will they be able to flash my Moto X to Page Plus, he asked me for the model number. I gave it to him and he said yes he could flash it and told me it's the Sprint version. I did not tell him it was Ntelos this time though.

I'm thinking it can be flashed and that they just don't support flashing from Ntelos but they do support flashing to Ntelos.

For only $100 for 2 Moto X is not bad if I can just flash them or Sim unlock them. That's a hell of a deal.

ac2014
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I have a question.. This person on CL that I'm talking to is selling 2 Moto X from Ntelos. Now from what I know its the same exact model has the Sprint Moto X. So I'm thinking I can just flash them both to Page Plus sense its the same as the Sprint model. Now before I flashed my current Sprint Moto X that I was going to get remote flashed by some website before I knew it was possible for me to do myself. I asked the guy that was going to remote flash my Sprint Moto X will he also be able to flash the Ntelos Moto X. He said no. I said why not, he told they can't do that model, I then told him its the same model as the Sprint he still told me no. So I left it has that. Then I went back as again another day to the website and asked will they be able to flash my Moto X to Page Plus, he asked me for the model number. I gave it to him and he said yes he could flash it and told me it's the Sprint version. I did not tell him it was Ntelos this time though.

I'm thinking it can be flashed and that they just don't support flashing from Ntelos but they do support flashing to Ntelos.

For only $100 for 2 Moto X is not bad if I can just flash them or Sim unlock them. That's a hell of a deal.
Maybe flash the sprint firmware to it

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Free mobile app

reds28heem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2014 View Post
Maybe flash the sprint firmware to it

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Free mobile app
That's what I was thinking. Just flash a sprint ROM or firmware to it.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

A "HELL OF A DEAL" is a HUGE understatement.

ESPECIALLY considering that I HAVE CRACKED THE SIM-LOCK on these phones!!!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1056-t2825155

This means you can also use them on GSM!

Enjoy. If you weren't already buying them, I would snatch them up in a heartbeat!!!!
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

reds28heem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
A "HELL OF A DEAL" is a HUGE understatement.

ESPECIALLY considering that I HAVE CRACKED THE SIM-LOCK on these phones!!!!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1056-t2825155

This means you can also use them on GSM!

Enjoy. If you weren't already buying them, I would snatch them up in a heartbeat!!!!
Yeah that's what I was saying. That's to good to pass up. I just was trying to find out if I could use them on another network before I brought them. It must be a seller that's not used to selling phones or knows nothing about them,if he's selling both for only $50 I was a little skeptical because they was so cheap. I figure they had cracked screens or bad ESN or something. The guy sent pics and gave me the ESN everything checked out right.