[GUIDE] Flash Sprint Moto X to Page Plus

Search This thread

tvike60

Jan 11, 2009
Rochester
I would bet that your trouble is not with the DFS settings, but your phone settings. Do a ##data# and make sure all the settings are correct.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app

BobPhone

Apr 5, 2014
I would bet that your trouble is not with the DFS settings, but your phone settings. Do a ##data# and make sure all the settings are correct.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app

ok, new angle to look at, I like it....

What settings in that am I suppose to look at? I would think the complete flash/erase would have set back to default. Looking for any pointers..
(Phone is not with me at work right now.)

tvike60

Jan 11, 2009
Rochester
ok, new angle to look at, I like it....

What settings in that am I suppose to look at? I would think the complete flash/erase would have set back to default. Looking for any pointers..
(Phone is not with me at work right now.)

Unfortunately, the phone is now with my daughter in college. I used info from some of the posts on flashing a Sprint Galaxy S3 to Page Plus. Make sure the EVDO settings have been enabled. I wish I had the phone here to look at. Maybe someone else looking at this could send screenshots of their phone settings.

BobPhone

Apr 5, 2014
Going back to Moto G

Unfortunately, the phone is now with my daughter in college. I used info from some of the posts on flashing a Sprint Galaxy S3 to Page Plus. Make sure the EVDO settings have been enabled. I wish I had the phone here to look at. Maybe someone else looking at this could send screenshots of their phone settings.

Son going back to college tomorrow. Running out of time, needs phone, so I moved number back to Moto G. Will be sending X back and getting a Verizon X once 4G becomes available on PPC. (Probably a better choice, other than getting Root is harder, as once 4G comes on-line from PPC, New Sprint phones probably can't be moved over. So if going to Android 5.0 requires any funky stuff like an ESN reset, the phone gets kicked off PPC at that point.)

ac2014

May 9, 2014
Thanks, checked and Domestic Data was already turned on in the phone.

Only thing I can think left is to try a new SIM card. Phone was used and came with a Sprint SIM. I have a new, unused Verizon SIM I can try.

What are others doing for the SIM card? Using one that came, removing, or using a new one?

Have to have a solution by tomorrow night, as the owner goes back to college then. May have to put back on that Moto G.

Thanks

I just flashed another phone, it had a used sprint sim card data didn't work till I removed the sim. So if you have a used sim you should remove it, a new 1 should be OK

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Free mobile app

BobPhone

Apr 5, 2014
WHAT THE !!!!!

I just flashed another phone, it had a used sprint sim card data didn't work till I removed the sim. So if you have a used sim you should remove it, a new 1 should be OK

I got a new number from PPC, (Son had old number on Moto G now) I re-did everything, and used existing USED Sprint SIM, as I didn't see the above post until later. No data AT FIRST! Let phone sit and after 1.5 hours 3G showed up! Of course I didn't know right away and phone used $1.86 out of the free $2 that comes with a new number doing background updates...

But It WORKED!

I used up the rest of the $2 checking it out and it worked fine, other than after a reboot, phone would be on CMDA-eHPDR for about 3 minutes with no data, then automatically switch to CDMA-EVDO and 3g would work.

I am still sending phone back.
- Son gone to school and has working Moto G so don't NEED this right now.
- Don't really know why it started working. If have problem, will it start again?
- With 4G coming to PPC "soon" or by end of year, as rumored, PPC will probably not be able to activate non-Verizon phones. Sure this one would be grandfathered in, but if have to do an ESN reset for some reason, grandfathering is lost?
-When Android 'L' comes out, a Verizon X should get it and activate on PPC. What will happen to this flash when 'L' comes out.

At this point, (and the rumors are true this time) I am waiting until I can just buy a used Verizon X and simply activate it on PPC. That will be nice...

BobPhone

Last edited:

CHRIS_HAX

Aug 30, 2014
California
yo

Call Page plus and ask them if data is provisioned. Ask for a "DMU" data reset.

The PWD fields are WRITE-ONLY. You can not read them - this is normal.

Did you copy the 10.key (DMU Key) file to the DMU folder? This is necessary to provision 3G...you didn't mention whether or not you did that.

Always realize that data connectivity problems can be on the carrier side too. I don't know how many times I've seen people struggle when there was nothing wrong and they just needed to call the carrier and ask to have data provisioned.

No need for DMU key...will get 3g data as long as HA & AAA are placed in the correct spots:p

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
No need for DMU key...will get 3g data as long as HA & AAA are placed in the correct spots:p

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. But you don't get the HA & AAA unless you use a donor phone. This tutorial is for programming *without* *228, and *without* a donor phone.

The only way to provision 3G without either a donor phone OR *228 is with the DMU key.

derwood75

Oct 5, 2011
Question on update

Will the new kit kat update break the flash? Anyone tried it yet? Its my wifes phone and I dont want to mess it up. I will never hear the end of it. haha

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Will the new kit kat update break the flash? Anyone tried it yet? Its my wifes phone and I dont want to mess it up. I will never hear the end of it. haha

It won't break the flash, but it WILL prevent "SPCutility" from working. Not a big deal since you should have already changed the SPC to "000000".

But the phone will continue to work fine on PP. Nothing to worry about really.

Reactions: derwood75

ac2014

May 9, 2014
It's official! We're very excited to announce*that the much-anticipated 4G LTE network is coming to Page Plus Cellular in October!*

We just wanted to officially let you know this exciting news that has been rumored for quite some time.

We don't have all the specific details just yet to share with you, but as new information becomes available we'll let you know via additional emails and training materials.

Please don't call the dealer relations team with questions about 4G LTE, as the internal training materials are still being developed, and our CSRs will not have the answers to your questions.

Stay tuned to your email and the dealer portal for more details as they become available.

We can share this with you now:

With the exception of*The 12*plan, all other monthly plans will be available for 4G devices, at 4G LTE data speeds, with no increase in the monthly plan prices. 3G service will also still be available for all plans. Upon device activation, our system will detect the device type and assign it to 3G or 4G service accordingly.4G LTE SIM cards will be Page Plus specific. They will be available through your Master Agent in October.

Again, additional details will be announced soon - we just wanted to share the good news with you, our valued dealers, first.

iamrico00

Dec 20, 2007
If this is the case - any hope to re-flash the sprint Moto x to page plus WITH LTE capability? Or is the bands just not supported? Any band unlocking possible? Thanks,

Rico

It's official! We're very excited to announce*that the much-anticipated 4G LTE network is coming to Page Plus Cellular in October!*

We just wanted to officially let you know this exciting news that has been rumored for quite some time.

We don't have all the specific details just yet to share with you, but as new information becomes available we'll let you know via additional emails and training materials.

Please don't call the dealer relations team with questions about 4G LTE, as the internal training materials are still being developed, and our CSRs will not have the answers to your questions.

Stay tuned to your email and the dealer portal for more details as they become available.

We can share this with you now:

With the exception of*The 12*plan, all other monthly plans will be available for 4G devices, at 4G LTE data speeds, with no increase in the monthly plan prices. 3G service will also still be available for all plans. Upon device activation, our system will detect the device type and assign it to 3G or 4G service accordingly.4G LTE SIM cards will be Page Plus specific. They will be available through your Master Agent in October.

Again, additional details will be announced soon - we just wanted to share the good news with you, our valued dealers, first.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
If this is the case - any hope to re-flash the sprint Moto x to page plus WITH LTE capability? Or is the bands just not supported? Any band unlocking possible? Thanks,

Rico

The Sprint Moto X can not support LTE on PagePlus / Verizon. Sprint uses LTE on band 25 (1900mhz). Vzw uses AWS band and 700mhz.

You'll never get PagePlus 4g on a *sprint* Moto X. It is possible that you could put the *verizon* X on PP - if they will allow it.

thegreatgonzo19

Nov 18, 2009
newer OS and ROMs

im not asking for in depth troubleshooting but will this process work on a 4.4.4 ROM such as PACman? would that alter any of the settings that need to be changed or how to access them?

Nicene Nerd

Mar 7, 2012
Graceville
www.thenicenenerd.com
im not asking for in depth troubleshooting but will this process work on a 4.4.4 ROM such as PACman? would that alter any of the settings that need to be changed or how to access them?

It cannot work on most AOSP ROMs because they won't let you into diag mode. Stock ROM is required. That said, getting your MSL is impossible on stock 4.4.4. You have to be using stock 4.4.2 at highest to get your MSL. Note that after successful flashing, you can use any ROM you want.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: thegreatgonzo19

thegreatgonzo19

Nov 18, 2009
i have gotten to unlocked bootloader rooted stock and finished the flash, now i have talk and text but no data and i get error code 67: mobile node failed authentication. i remember seeing on step 14 DFS couldnt change a few of my settings and after i tried to write with an error something like BAD PARAM and when i clicked read again one of the fields switched back to previousownersinfo@sprint.com where the rest stayed with myinfo@vzw3g.com. i can go back through the process for more specifics if necessary. is this a red flag that i did something wrong? also thanks for the tip about flashing a ROM AFTER i flash to PPC.

EDIT:
i went through the process again and just read and rewrote the data over a few times until more of it stuck and tada i got 3g to work!

Last edited:

crazyb434

Aug 18, 2012
will someone help me qpst has my number as my min i dont know what i did wrong also it wont get my data on efs explorer

Brad05

Oct 28, 2015
I think I may be in trouble! I just accepted a Moto update and now my settings have all been erased. Looks like I may need to re-flash!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! I recently won a Sprint Moto X on eBay for the shockingly low price of $130, and I decided to attempt to flash it to Page Plus. So, in order, that others may benefit from this awesomeness, I decided to post a basic guide. One thing to note is that, if you have flashed Sprint phones to Page Plus before, the process is very similar.

DISCLAIMER: This guide comes with no guarantees of any kind. If you lose personal data or service, brick your phone, or lose your arm to gangrene, I am not responsible.

Stuff You Need
    • A PC running Windows
    • Motorola Drivers (download here)
    • SPCUtility APK (download here)
    • DFS (download here)
    • QPST (download here)
    • Page Plus PRL (attached)
    • 10.key file (attached)
    • Stock, rooted Moto X 4.4.2 firmware (you can try an older version, but I've only tested on this)

How to Do It
    1. First, if you don't have one, get a Page Plus phone number and account. You'll need it for manually programming.
    2. If you have trouble getting Page Plus to accept your ESN (which is the MEID you'll find in Settings > About Phone > Status), try live chat until someone is okay with activating a 4G phone. They will probably warn you that they offer no support for programming 4G phones.
    3. Make sure to Live Chat with Page Plus and ask for your MDN, MIN, and SID. Most likely, your MDN and MIN will be your phone number.
    4. Once everything on Page Plus' end is set up, dial ##DIAG# on your phone. In the screen that appears, click the overflow button and choose Edit. Then set Diag Port to Enable.
    5. Now install the Motorola drivers so you can connect your phone to your PC. This is sometimes a tricky process, and I don't know why. Google is your friend if you have trouble. When successful, you will see this in Device Manager.
    6. Before attempting to program, you need your MSL. Install the SPCUtility APK and use it to get your MSL.
    7. If you haven't already, install DFS. Open the program and click the Ports button in the upper-left corner. Then double-click the Motorola QC Diag Port to select it. (If you don't see this port, the drivers are not properly set up.) Close the Ports window.
    8. Enter your MSL in the SPC box under the Ports button. Then click the SPC send arrow. Your log window should show DEVICE UNLOCKED. (If the log window is not visible, click the Log button in the upper-right.)
    9. (Optional) In the General tab, click Read in the SPC box. Then replace the SPC string with 000000 and click Write. This sets your MSL to all-zeroes, useful for future programming.
    10. In the General tab, click Read in the Config box. It may already read NV_ONLY. If it does not, set it and click Write.
    11. Go under the NAM tab and click Read at the bottom. The fields will populate with your phone's current programming. Now replace the numbers in both MIN A and MIN D fields with your MIN. Fill the MDN and PCS fields with your MDN. Finally, in the Home box, fill in your SID and click Write.
    12. In the PRL box, click Load and select the Page Plus PRL you downloaded. Click Write.
    13. At this point, you may click Reset and your phone should have talk/text. Try taking and sending one of each to verify that everything has gone right so far.
    14. Now go back to DFS and send your SPC again to get back to work. In the Data tab, click Read, and then fill out all of the UID fields and the HDR AN NAI field with XXXXXXXXXX@vzw3g.com (the X's being your phone number). In the PPP SIP NAI, use XXXXXXXXXX@dun.vzw3g.com. Put "vzw" (sans quotes) in all of the password fields, and make sure the authentication box is checked. Click Write.
    15. Go to the Mobile IP tab and click Read. At this point, I admit that I do not know 100% what I am doing, but that these settings worked for me. Basically, make your settings look like these ones, but input your number where I scribbled out my own. Also, for everything in the Selected Profile Settings box, put it in both the first and second profile selections. After filling each of those out, click Write current profile settings. Then click Write in the left box.
    16. At this point, reset your phone. You might have working 1X after a minute. Irrelevant, because we're about to go for 3G. Close DFS.
    17. Open QPST Configuration (install it if you haven't). Click Add New Port... and select the only available port. Click Okay, then go to Start Client > EFS Explorer. Select your phone and enter your MSL. It will take a minute to read the phone's EFS data.
    18. Once the EFS data is loaded, right click the root directory and click New > Directory. Name the new folder DMU.
    19. Inside the DMU folder, click File > Open and select the 10.key file you downloaded. Verify the target path is /DMU/10.key.
    20. When the file is copied successfully, click Phone > Reset Phone. When the phone reboots, wait a minute or two. You should have 3G!

3G speed test results here

MMS Fix
    1. Download and install 8sms from the Play Store or their website.
    2. If you're using KitKat, be sure to set the new app as your default SMS app.
    3. In the app, go to Settings > MMS Settings.
    4. Now set the following:
      MMS Network: Sprint
      MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=XXXXXXXXXX (the X's being your phone number)
      MMS Proxy: leave blank
      MMS Port: 8080 (if that doesn't work, try 80)
      MMS over WiFi: Off
    5. Volia! You should have working MMS.

Now, I freely admit that there are numerous places to go wrong here, but this is what worked perfectly for me. If you have trouble, tell me and I'll try to help. Also, check out this thread for general flashing reference. Viper is an expert at these kinds of projects.

Happy flashing!
    HDR AN Long changed, finally...

I got it!!! Would you believe the venerable, but reliable, whiterabbit nv-items for CDMAWS 2.7 version did the trick. The HDR AN Long values have been changed. At first, I didn't believe this would work, thinking it was just for the earlier MOTO models. I'm glad it worked out well. Anyone who has a similar issue, just use CDMAWS either 2.7 or 3.5, depending on the version you have, then go to Memory tab and click write nv items, select the applicable nv-items txt file.
    Sadly, it seems the droid radio unlock files are no longer on whiterabbit.org so I have uploaded them here.

Disclaimer: Please flash any of these files with caution. Never flash for non-Motorola phones - ONLY FOR MOTOROLA PHONES, and even at that I am not in any way responsible for the outcome of the usage, either good or bad...
    When entering ##DIAG# it asks for a passcode tried 000000 it didn't work
    Any ideas??
    Thanks very much for the post

It wants your MSL/SPC code. Look for the app called SPCUtility.apk in the OP.

I downloaded it from an XDA page by the guy who developed it but I no longer have the URL and don't recall his handle.

It will tell you your subsidy unlock code, at least it did for me on my Moto X and for several other folks with other Android phones.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK, you cannot "*228" on a 4G device...

After changing the PRL it works on the sprint moto x

How come i can get 3g on my flashed moto x without a donor phone but cant get 3g on my sprint galaxy s3 without a donor phone

Because if you have the DMU Key (10.key), the mobile handset can initiate a key-exchange with the network itself.