FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Moto X - Return to 100% stock and More with DroidFlasher - Win/Mac/Linux

22nd March 2015, 02:16 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
Hello my little friends!

I show you, how to use DroidFlasher for back to stock on Moto X or any other operation with DFS, its pretty simple, no terminal knowledge needed.

For beginning:
1. Download latest DroidFlasher for Mac/Windows/Linux - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...asher-t3014559
2. Connect phone to PC or Mac, and turn on USB Debugging

HOW TO - Revert to Stock:
1. Download latest stock firmware (or what you want) -> http://www.filefactory.com/folder/dd...how=100&page=1
2. unzip stock rom to any directory - it's will be a "working directory"
3. Download motox_xt1052_revert_to_stock_from_adb.dfs (other variant is compatibility to)
4. Connect phone to PC or Mac, and turn on USB Debugging
5. Open DroidFlasher, and press "run *.dfs"
6. Select dfs file, downloaded on stage 4 - motox_xt1052_revert_to_stock_from_adb.dfs
7. In next window, select working directory with extracted firmware files from stage 3
8. Wait, while all operation done.

HOW TO - Flash TWRP 2.8.5.0:
1. Download motox_twrp_2.8.5.0_online.dfs
2. Open DroidFlasher, and press "run *.dfs", select downloaded on previous stage file
3. Select working directory in next window (If simple mode enabled, it will be selected automatically). DroidFlasher will use this directory for file downloading, etc.
4. Wait while all operation done.

Pleased to answer any questions and help with writing new dfs scripts, or improve current implementation and add new command.
Will be great if some one record video about "How to use DroidFlasher" or "How dfs make our lives easier".

p.s.: DroidFlasher and DFS fully compatibility with any Android phones used Adb/Fastboot/TWRP, not only Moto X.
Last edited by Zorge.R; 22nd March 2015 at 07:47 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zorge.R For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd March 2015, 04:23 PM |#2  
Flag Woodstock, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Thanks a bunch!
23rd March 2015, 10:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorge.R

Hello my little friends!

I show you, how to use DroidFlasher for back to stock on Moto X or any other operation with DFS, its pretty simple, no terminal knowledge needed.

For beginning:
1. Download latest DroidFlasher for Mac/Windows/Linux - > http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...asher-t3014559
2. Connect phone to PC or Mac, and turn on USB Debugging

HOW TO - Revert to Stock:
1. Download latest stock firmware (or what you want) -> http://www.filefactory.com/folder/dd...how=100&page=1
2. unzip stock rom to any directory - it's will be a "working directory"
3. Download motox_xt1052_revert_to_stock_from_adb.dfs (other variant is compatibility to)
4. Connect phone to PC or Mac, and turn on USB Debugging
5. Open DroidFlasher, and press "run *.dfs"
6. Select dfs file, downloaded on stage 4 - motox_xt1052_revert_to_stock_from_adb.dfs
7. In next window, select working directory with extracted firmware files from stage 3
8. Wait, while all operation done.

HOW TO - Flash TWRP 2.8.5.0:
1. Download motox_twrp_2.8.5.0_online.dfs
2. Open DroidFlasher, and press "run *.dfs", select downloaded on previous stage file
3. Select working directory in next window (If simple mode enabled, it will be selected automatically). DroidFlasher will use this directory for file downloading, etc.
4. Wait while all operation done.

Pleased to answer any questions and help with writing new dfs scripts, or improve current implementation and add new command.
Will be great if some one record video about "How to use DroidFlasher" or "How dfs make our lives easier".

p.s.: DroidFlasher and DFS fully compatibility with any Android phones used Adb/Fastboot/TWRP, not only Moto X.

with this i can downgrade bl/gpt/motoboot?
23rd March 2015, 01:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi, can i flash 1052 firmware over a original 1058? Thanks..
23rd March 2015, 05:02 PM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,868

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhdkn

with this i can downgrade bl/gpt/motoboot?

Only if you want to roll the dice on bricking your device?
23rd March 2015, 05:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth

Only if you want to roll the dice on bricking your device?

I'm serious, is there any chance? I don't care about bricking my device!
23rd March 2015, 05:31 PM |#7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,868

More
Quote:

It's your device to do with what you wish... But I don't discuss downgrading on the X... Ever. I would never want to be involved with anyone bricking their device.

Sorry. 🍻
23rd March 2015, 09:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
Quote:

There is a chance, but u would break radio (phone) functionality...
24th March 2015, 01:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Much appreciated!
28th March 2015, 03:07 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129

Donate to Me
More
In next version, new futures available, next level of interactive recovery flashing:

DFS code from video:
Code:
dfs show exit "Recovery flasher" "Warning!" "If you press OK, recovery partition on %DEVICE_MODEL% - %DEVICE% will be rewrited!"
dfs radiobox "TWRP 2.8.6.0|Philz Touch Recovery 6.58.7" "http://files.z-lab.me/mobile/devices/%DEVICE%/twrp-2.8.6.0-%DEVICE%.img|http://files.z-lab.me/mobile/devices/%DEVICE%/philz_touch_6.58.7-%DEVICE%.img" "Recovery flasher" "Аttention!" "Choice preferred recovery:"
dfs download %RADIOBOX_RESULT%
adb reboot bootloader
dfs sleep 1
fastboot flash recovery %RADIOBOX_RESULT_FILENAME%
dfs sleep 2
dfs radiobox "Reboot to the system|Reboot to bootloader" "reboot|reboot-bootloader" "Recovery flasher" "What next?" "Make a choice:"
fastboot %RADIOBOX_RESULT%
p.s.: this new futures available only in r109.u4 or later, no download link, only source code available at this moment, please wait r110.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread