Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Republic Wireless Moto X KitKat 4.4.2 Root, Safestrap, TWRP, and MotoWpNoMo

Tip us?
 
glarepate
Old
#121  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeuba View Post
Pardon me for seeming off topic post. Can anyone help with the RW 4.4.2 sbf file? Downloads from the main site sbf.droid-developers.org for MOTO X are not working well. Downloads terminate and never resume, never passes 10%. I've been at it for more than 2 weeks now using 3 different connections from different places, and even sent a PM to @Skrilax_CZ the guy hosting the files about the issue but no response. If anyone has the file already, can he/she upload it somewhere and help with the link? Thanks.
I have a copy of it on my computer that has been MD5sum checked. I'm uploading it to my Dropbox account now but my uplink speed is throttled to 1 mbps and the site is telling me it will be another 4 hours. I will set my alarm, but ... d-;

edit/upload of reply/hammered connection glitch: It's down to only 2 hrs. now.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#122  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 1,569
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeuba View Post
Pardon me for seeming off topic post. Can anyone help with the RW 4.4.2 sbf file? Downloads from the main site sbf.droid-developers.org for MOTO X are not working well. Downloads terminate and never resume, never passes 10%. I've been at it for more than 2 weeks now using 3 different connections from different places, and even sent a PM to @Skrilax_CZ the guy hosting the files about the issue but no response. If anyone has the file already, can he/she upload it somewhere and help with the link? Thanks.
Since you were so kind as to modify the Sprint SBF for activation bypass, I'll help you out. I'm PMing you a link to the file hosted on my personal server. Let me know when finished, so I can remove it...
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
glarepate
Old
#123  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Since you were so kind as to modify the Sprint SBF for activation bypass, I'll help you out. I'm PMing you a link to the file hosted on my personal server. Let me know when finished, so I can remove it...
Well in that case, and since I failed to wake up in a timely fashion, I won't post the Dropbox link unless I see another request for it.
 
ird0
Old
#124  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Just out of curiosity. Is anyone working on a root/unlocked boot loader method for people that are already running 4.4.2? I just got my RW Moto X last week and it had the update already. I just want root mainly.
 
samwathegreat
Old
#125  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 1,569
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ird0 View Post
Just out of curiosity. Is anyone working on a root/unlocked boot loader method for people that are already running 4.4.2? I just got my RW Moto X last week and it had the update already. I just want root mainly.
You have to unlock via the "China Middleman" - then you can root with very little effort. Use search to find the thread titled "China Middleman Back??" -- OR just be patient as a bootloader-unlock exploit has been found, but not released yet. It may be released soon, and it may never be....

The "Middleman", however has an extremely good track record of providing unlock codes ("tokens") for RW models.

Good Luck!
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.


I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

 
capSAR273
Old
#126  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Rochester
So if my phone CAME with 4.4.2, can I do any of this or am I screwed? :P
 
Cyphir
Old
#127  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2012
You can't do anything if you start of with 4.4.2. Your only choice for root is to use Pie, Towel, or TowelPie root exploit.

Sent from my XT1049 using XDA Free mobile app
Use my Republic Wireless referal code and get $20 off your bill: http://rwshar.es/Pi7S

The Following User Says Thank You to Cyphir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, republic wireless, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes