[GUIDE] Republic Wireless Moto X KitKat 4.4.2 Root, Safestrap, TWRP, and MotoWpNoMo

30th August 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,965 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NookE

Hrmm, so I started this process today and I've run into some trouble. I was able to revert to 4.2.2 with no problems, but once I tried to run RockMyMoto again I get an error that write protection is disabled and it's moving to step 3, but then it doesn't actually root. I tried installing SuperSU from the play store but it wouldn't install.

So then I tried SlapMyMoto, which worked to allow me to get root. But then when I moved on to step 5 and installed the 4.4.2 safestrap flashable update zip my phone wouldn't boot and I got the dead android with the "!" in a red triangle after the safestrap "recovery or continue" logo. I flashed back to 4.2.2 and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

Um, I think it's obvious.

You don't attempt to boot after step 5. You have to complete step 6 FIRST: You enter the bootloader and use fastboot flash the boot.img and MODEM from the 4.4.2 SBF.......

The phone won't boot with a 4.4.2 ROM, and the 4.2.2 Kernel/Modem. That's a pretty significant mismatch...
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 5

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Um, I think it's obvious.

You don't attempt to boot after step 5. You have to complete step 6 FIRST: You enter the bootloader and use fastboot flash the boot.img and MODEM from the 4.4.2 SBF.......

The phone won't boot with a 4.4.2 ROM, and the 4.2.2 Kernel/Modem. That's a pretty significant mismatch...

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't boot into the 4.4.2 safestrap rom. I installed that then did step 6 and booted into the dead droid. However, I just reran through all the steps, got the dead droid again, Powered off, then powered back on and bam! 4.4.2! So I don't know what was going on but I seem to have resolved it somehow. Thank you so much for your replies and assistance.
31st August 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #133  
Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 33

166 posts
More
It's not a dead droid. Try pressing volume up and down together from that screen. Then volume down scrolls, and volume up selects.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash1

It's not a dead droid. Try pressing volume up and down together from that screen. Then volume down scrolls, and volume up selects.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

The volume button commands seem odd on this phone. Isn't power usually select?
I used this tutorial several months ago and it went flawlessly. I'm curious if custom kernels are possible (or more like available) but I'm not sure if I really want to go there.
1st September 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 1,684

1,965 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by numanair

The volume button commands seem odd on this phone. Isn't power usually select?
I used this tutorial several months ago and it went flawlessly. I'm curious if custom kernels are possible (or more like available) but I'm not sure if I really want to go there.

Custom kernels should not be possible because they won't be signed by official release keys.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, republic wireless, root
Previous Thread Next Thread