FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[GUIDE] Republic Wireless Moto X KitKat 4.4.2 Root, Safestrap, TWRP, and MotoWpNoMo

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 45

By malcolmputer, Member on 1st May 2014, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th January 2015, 02:10 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
"OK Google" hotword detection unavailable
Anyone know if it's this method in particular - or RW in general - that causes the "OK Google" hotword to become disabled altogether upon updating Google Search via the Play store?

If I upgrade to the latest version of Google Search (4.1.24.1672412.arm) and go to Google Now > Settings > Voice > "OK Google" Detection, it says "This feature is currently unavailable on this device" next to the "From the Google app" toggle. It works just fine if I uninstall updates (back to 3.1.24.941712.arm).

I've read about "OK Google Now" replacing just "OK Google", but that doesn't work, either.

Thoughts?

4th March 2015, 09:47 PM |#152  
Flag Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightinwhite

Anyone know if it's this method in particular - or RW in general - that causes the "OK Google" hotword to become disabled altogether upon updating Google Search via the Play store?

If I upgrade to the latest version of Google Search (4.1.24.1672412.arm) and go to Google Now > Settings > Voice > "OK Google" Detection, it says "This feature is currently unavailable on this device" next to the "From the Google app" toggle. It works just fine if I uninstall updates (back to 3.1.24.941712.arm).

I've read about "OK Google Now" replacing just "OK Google", but that doesn't work, either.

Thoughts?

I can confirm that the "OK Google" detection is disabled. It's because it can conflict with Touchless Control, which does everything "OK Google" Detection does. Go to your main Android Settings > Touchless Control. Touchless Control has the advantage that the device does not need to be awake for the launch phrase to be detected. Otherwise, the features are identical.
12th August 2015, 11:20 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just a random interjection here w/ some info that might be of help...

I went through the steps in this guide to root, remove write protect, etc, a long while ago. Recently, I needed to revert to stock and accidentally flashed 4.2.2 instead of 4.4.2 and was left in a spot where rockmymoto wouldn't work because, I think, it saw that write protect was already disabled and didn't think it needed to do anything.

To regain root, I was able to run the sunshine tool and it re-rooted. I didn't need to actually use it to unlock anything, I just used it to re-root. Then I could reinstall TWRP and flash up to 4.4.2.

The rockmymoto thread was locked, last time I checked, but someone else there had this same prob. Good luck to all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, kitkat, republic wireless, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)