5,598,297 Members 47,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Republic Wireless Moto X (XT1049) Root, Safestrap, TWRP, and Custom ROM

Tip us?
 
achiquitachaser
Old
#91  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
 
Cyphir
Old
#92  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiquitachaser View Post
Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...4-2-2-t2449534

That link is what I used.
 
keypox
Old
#93  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphir View Post
With root you can either use a Tether app or possibly enable the native tether. I can confirm that a 3rd party tether app will work on root.
What app are you using? I am going to switch to republic soon but need tether.
 
Cyphir
Old
#94  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by keypox View Post
What app are you using? I am going to switch to republic soon but need tether.
Look at the post above yours...
 
Vahnyyz
Old
#95  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2009
Since there's an update supposedly on the horizon for RW is there any idea whether or not we'll be able to modify that to make a CFW or a CM or something along those lines to make the Phone a little more "user friendly"?
 
Cyphir
Old
#96  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 47
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahnyyz View Post
Since there's an update supposedly on the horizon for RW is there any idea whether or not we'll be able to modify that to make a CFW or a CM or something along those lines to make the Phone a little more "user friendly"?
Doubtful. Their custom software is baked right into the ROM. And unless you have your bootloader unlocked you will lose root with the update.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes