Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Boot Animation

Tip us?

gammite
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default New Boot Animation

Got an update for a new boot animation yesterday.

It is a world cup theme. Update and enjoy!
Moto X 32GB - 4.4.4
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Win8.1x32
Nexus 7 FHD - 4.4.4
Iconia W500 - Win8.1x32
Nokia Lumia 920 - WP 8.1 dev
iPhone 5 16GB - iOS 7.1.2

and many more. lol.

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Or update and regret. Depends on whether you like soccer.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Original Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3, LG GPad 7.0 LTE
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

gskelter
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great update

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

Jersey846
Old
Thanks Meter 202
I was excited for the update and really like the animation, but can't stand the pink Motorola logo so I uninstalled the update.

Sent from my Moto X

marvin02
Old
Thanks Meter 413
I also uninstalled the update. At least you can revert by uninstalling if you want.
Never ask before searching!
Current Devices: Original Moto X GSM Dev Edition, LG Gpad 8.3, LG GPad 7.0 LTE
Retired Devices:
AT&T LG Optimus G, At&T Galaxy Skyrocket, Vizio VTAB1008, Dell Venue, Dell Streak, Moto Flipside, Moto Backflip, Samsung Eternity

Jersey846
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
I also uninstalled the update. At least you can revert by uninstalling if you want.
Yeah I definitely liked that option. Glad that was a possibility!

Sent from my Moto X

philip87700
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846 View Post
Yeah I definitely liked that option. Glad that was a possibility!

Sent from my Moto X
Want that world cup bot animation.. where to get the bootanimation.zip for moto x, please help

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip87700 View Post
Want that world cup bot animation.. where to get the bootanimation.zip for moto x, please help
Moto Boot Services changes the boot animation and the CLOGO file at certain times of the year, and when the time is up, it changes back to stock.

If you have an unlocked bootloader, you can download -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/B...-Flashable.zip and flash it via TWRP.

If you have a locked bootloader, and are on 4.4.2 rooted via Pie, TowelRoot, or TowelPieRoot, you will not be able to perform this mod.

If you have a locked bootloader, are on 4.4 (aka 4.4.0), and have used SlapMyMoto and MotoWpNoMo to root and disable write protection... download that zip, unzip it... under system\media you will find a bootanimation.zip. Copy it to the /SDcard on your phone. On your phone, using a ROOT capable file explorer, copy it to /system/media overwriting the stock animation that is already there (note: you can/should backup the stock one that is there first, so you can change back to it later). Then set its permissions to RW-R--R-- After you reboot, you'll see the new animation.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

philip87700
Old
(Last edited by philip87700; 22nd August 2014 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Moto Boot Services changes the boot animation and the CLOGO file at certain times of the year, and when the time is up, it changes back to stock.

If you have an unlocked bootloader, you can download -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/B...-Flashable.zip and flash it via TWRP.

If you have a locked bootloader, and are on 4.4.2 rooted via Pie, TowelRoot, or TowelPieRoot, you will not be able to perform this mod.

If you have a locked bootloader, are on 4.4 (aka 4.4.0), and have used SlapMyMoto and MotoWpNoMo to root and disable write protection... download that zip, unzip it... under system\media you will find a bootanimation.zip. Copy it to the /SDcard on your phone. On your phone, using a ROOT capable file explorer, copy it to /system/media overwriting the stock animation that is already there (note: you can/should backup the stock one that is there first, so you can change back to it later). Then set its permissions to RW-R--R-- After you reboot, you'll see the new animation.
Thank you very much.. It worked for my unlocked boot loader moto x XT1052.. Also found another flashable .jpg version.. here :
signed-stock-worldcup-bootanimation.zip

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2786544&page=2

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

joejoejo
Old
Thanks Meter 29
There was an update to the app a few days ago to version 4.0.0 but the app is not in through play store or listed/visible in the play store as of a few seconds ago. What changed in that version as the boot screen animation is the same as it was before it was updated