[App][Recovery] Phone-Up Nandroid Backup (Free) Save to OTG too!

25th May 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 506

2,501 posts
Online Nandroid Backup. The Online really means Phone up. Sans restore. Requires boot unlock, not just root. As you need a custom recovery to do the the restore.
Script Creator's thread (Manual/Terminal method).

App creator's, easy method.
I just installed the app from Play, & followed the flow within the app.
Most X variants (not xt1053 & others?), Droids, G, most Moto's & all msm8960 phones are supported.
List of devices

You will not miss so many calls while remaining in peace & calm!

No WiFi or mobile data is used. The name is a definite marketing gaff. Other Foo-Paws:
1)The notice: Replacing old backup with new: It does not overwrite any previous BU as long as the append date option is used with build number.
2)View in Nandroid Manager, Does not work! Needs yaffstool. Fix . Not helping for the X.

It is as fast or faster than Philz! Faster OTG backups than Philz, as fast as SD!

Plus one is not pressured because their phone/text is down, the interface for custom choices is better. Leave out recovery (a must for Philz & TWRP) by using the selective (boot,system,data) backup option. Note the incremental option actually takes longer than the selective. The whole experience is great! Everyone must try it!

Damn Good apk, poor marketing/notices.

Use this to save to your regular backup folder. Then restore, when you must, from your Moto X recovery of choice: Philz/Touch/cwmr, TWRP2711 or CWMR Touch.

More on Philz:
Unzip the attachment, philz-touch_6.ini.bak goes in /storage/sdcard0/clockworkmod. Along side the aromafm folder in which goes aromafm.zip. Note you must rename the aroma you download. Aroma191 is here.

Once in recovery, go Phil's settings, Backup & Restore settings, Load default settings. With this ini Philz is as pocket proof as TWRP. You need to double tap for any action. You also get no "cancel of operation in progress" but neither do you with TWRP!

Flashify is an easy, phone-up, .img flasher too. This recovery.img flasher is free: recoverytools

Tasker Alternative.
Attached Files
File Type: zip doubleTAP.philz-touch_6.ini.bak.zip - [Click for QR Code] (514 Bytes, 16 views)
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 2nd September 2014 at 04:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,688

8,865 posts
More
Sounds good. But my backups are well over a gig..... I don't trust uploads and downloads that big.... Not when my phone is at stake. Lol

I prefer to move them to my PC via USB cord now and then.

Definitely a cool option tho for some people.
25th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,501 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Sounds good. But my backups are well over a gig..... I don't trust uploads and downloads that big.... Not when my phone is at stake. Lol

I prefer to move them to my PC via USB cord now and then.

Definitely a cool option tho for some people.

Online is misleading, "from homescreen to SD" is much better! Lol. Or phone-up! There is no WiFi or Data used.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

2,501 posts
It is as fast or faster than Philz!
Plus while one is not pressured because their phone/text is down, the interface for custom choices is better. Renaming, partitions to leave out like recovery by using the custom backup options. The whole experience is great! You must try it!
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 25th May 2014 at 04:33 PM.
25th May 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,688

8,865 posts
More
Ah, I see! Admittedly I didn't read it all. Lol

Cool! 👍
25th May 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 3,970

6,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys, just so you are aware, Nandroid manager does have occasional issues with CM's SuperUser app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread