XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How NOT to manage Phone orders

Tip us?

Derbyman32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default How NOT to manage Phone orders

This is being posted as a place for me to vent so that I don't explode and lose whats left of my mind. Maybe you can learn from my mistakes if you read this.

1. Bought Nexus 5 (really wanted Moto X but the price difference was my reasoning). Sent back on 14th day of trial. Had $425 tied up anolther 22 days till credit was issued.

2. Bought Moto X at $549 for 32GB version with motomaker and tmobile. When $150 off deal announced tried to get credit but was refused so sent this unit back. This took till today for Motorola to receive and I have to wait up to 14 business days for credit back on this phone.

3. Bought 2 Moto G's at $199 each for 16GB version, then Motorola anounced promotion deal on the X so canceled this order and bought 2 Moto X's with discount promotion. The 2 Moto G's were bought on Nov. 26th and I still have not received them and when I do they have to be RMA back.

4. Bought 3 Moto X's for $1113 on initial Cyber Monday. As you know Motomaker was not working that cyber monday so these phones were just black with no customization. Ordered them at 9:00PM Monday night and at 9:30 Motorola announced the 2 day repeat promo. So this ordered was canceled so that I could use MotoMaker. Motorola held the hold of that money on my account until today.

5. While buying the 3 more Moto X's customized and 2 of them went through with no problems but one of them did not receive the $150 discount. Called within 20 minutes but this could not be fixed so another canceled order canceled with that one tying up $529 until hold was released which was also today.

So to sumarize I bought a total of 11 phones. For various reasons had to send back 8 of them. Keeping 3 MotoMaker phones but only have 1 in my possesion as of today. Had these holds on my debit card for ($425)+($613)+($1113)+($529)+($421)+$370+$370+$423 .... That toals $4264 of charges and had only 1 phone till today when the other 2 Moto X's came. Waiting to receive still the 2 Moto G's so they can be returned and credited and in additon waiting for refund on the 1st Moto X.

In the end I will have 3 Moto X's on my family plan which we are very happy with. The journey to getting them will long be remembered by me and I bet some of the poor Moto X reps know me by my 1st name. Each purchase made since to me at the time but circumstances sure changed along with my mind

The sad part of this is Motorola could have saved me from myself by being able to change, cancel, and modify very recently placed orders. Once the ordered is placed they have no flexability to correct mistakes and that makes it very hard on everyone.
Past Phones:
HD2
G2
Htc Sensation
Galaxy 3
Galaxy Note 2
Nexus 7
Nexus 5
Moto X

SuperPaladin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow.

tonyguy2000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
WOW! I thought I had order problems with just 3 phones. lol

gliz5714
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPaladin View Post
Wow.
my thoughts exactly...

But glad those three phones are now yours! I bet you are FINALLY happy with everything. Just took a little more effort than usual!!

laur3n.newm4n
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Theoretically, they don't allow you to cancel orders because the devices are supposed to be assembled and shipped relatively quickly, so once you order the process starts. I'm sure their supply chain management system is pretty complex.

Derbyman32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Yea I am very happy and satisfied with how things turned out. My family loves their phones also. I am sure their order system is complex with the uniqness of MotoMaker and Motorola did everything they could do to get the problems fixed in a timely manner. That was suprising becauase I know they have had a very busy 10 days since Cyber Monday.
Past Phones:
HD2
G2
Htc Sensation
Galaxy 3
Galaxy Note 2
Nexus 7
Nexus 5
Moto X