5,600,919 Members 42,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat on Brazilian Moto X

Tip us?
 
pacobahyba
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 48
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Talking Kitkat on Brazilian Moto X

This goes to all my fellow brazilians! I just got off the phone with Motorola support and they have confirmed that kitkat rollout for Brazilian phones will start this week. They do plan on having all phones updates by Christmas!
This is almost like a new company
A bit of a motonut...
Current Device:
Moto X (x1058)
Totally stock but that will change soon...

Old Devices:
Moto Razr i (xt890)
killed in action

Moto Milestone 3(xt860)
Sold

Moto Milestone 2 (A953)
Sold
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pacobahyba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xpc21
Old
#2  
xpc21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 628
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Belo Horizonte
Hope they do like they say cause at least our retail version of Moto X is exactly the same as AT&T model so this wouldnt have to be an issue to this so late update. with fingers crossed!
<<<<<
My phones r only a passenger....
>>>>>>
 
Marcb
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 530
Join Date: Aug 2008
awesome! \o/
 
douglastabajara
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacobahyba View Post
This goes to all my fellow brazilians! I just got off the phone with Motorola support and they have confirmed that kitkat rollout for Brazilian phones will start this week. They do plan on having all phones updates by Christmas!
This is almost like a new company
Hi.

I feel like Motorola is a new company... I've been a terrible experience with the first Moto Razr and now I'm very satisfied with Moto X.

But I'm not so patient... I followed some instructions on how to flash kitkat from at&t (xt1058) with relative succes... Relative because I had to unlock my bootloader... But I have no regrets!

I recommend it!
 
MaKTaiL
Old
#5  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1098
Posts: 2,615
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brasília
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglastabajara View Post
Hi.

I feel like Motorola is a new company... I've been a terrible experience with the first Moto Razr and now I'm very satisfied with Moto X.

But I'm not so patient... I followed some instructions on how to flash kitkat from at&t (xt1058) with relative succes... Relative because I had to unlock my bootloader... But I have no regrets!

I recommend it!
Hi, I'm new to Motorola devices. Rooting and going back to stock was fairly easy on Samsung phones. I'm coming from a Galaxy S4 (terrible battery life, lag all around) and I'm pretty lost here now, haha hahaha. Why did you need to unlock the bootloader to flash the AT&T version? Isn't it the same model as ours? XT1058

Enviado de meu GT-I9082L usando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xpc21
Old
#6  
xpc21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 628
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Belo Horizonte
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
Hi, I'm new to Motorola devices. Rooting and going back to stock was fairly easy on Samsung phones. I'm coming from a Galaxy S4 (terrible battery life, lag all around) and I'm pretty lost here now, haha hahaha. Why did you need to unlock the bootloader to flash the AT&T version? Isn't it the same model as ours? XT1058

Enviado de meu GT-I9082L usando Tapatalk
Hi MaKTaiL! Welcome to new Motorola! Actually these process are easy, the thing is have attention on it.

The need to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones is that you open your phone to any custom and offical rom´s made for it. When you have bootloader locked you´re locked to that especific region and software. As Kitkat from AT&T it check the bootloader of your phone to verify that is originally from AT&T so the software can be signed to it. As a phone with unlocked bootloader, it wont check this status and will let you flash the software.

did i made it clear? Hope it helps.
<<<<<
My phones r only a passenger....
>>>>>>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xpc21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MaKTaiL
Old
#7  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1098
Posts: 2,615
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brasília
9
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpc21 View Post
Hi MaKTaiL! Welcome to new Motorola! Actually these process are easy, the thing is have attention on it.

The need to unlock bootloader on Motorola phones is that you open your phone to any custom and offical rom´s made for it. When you have bootloader locked you´re locked to that especific region and software. As Kitkat from AT&T it check the bootloader of your phone to verify that is originally from AT&T so the software can be signed to it. As a phone with unlocked bootloader, it wont check this status and will let you flash the software.

did i made it clear? Hope it helps.
Yes. That clarified a lot. Thank you very much! I have a few more questions if you will. I read that rooting can be achieved without unlocking bootloader. I'm currently running the latest firmware. Can I use RockMyMoto from Moto X Toolkit to root it? What if I would like to go back to stock (unroot it), what do I have to do?
 
dudumaroja
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
9

Yes. That clarified a lot. Thank you very much! I have a few more questions if you will. I read that rooting can be achieved without unlocking bootloader. I'm currently running the latest firmware. Can I use RockMyMoto from Moto X Toolkit to root it? What if I would like to go back to stock (unroot it), what do I have to do?
I really hope it is this year.. i hard from a motorola support ( from Moto Care App ) that they will start updating next year end of january!
 
xpc21
Old
#9  
xpc21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 124
Posts: 628
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Belo Horizonte
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
9

Yes. That clarified a lot. Thank you very much! I have a few more questions if you will. I read that rooting can be achieved without unlocking bootloader. I'm currently running the latest firmware. Can I use RockMyMoto from Moto X Toolkit to root it? What if I would like to go back to stock (unroot it), what do I have to do?
Im glad that i could help!

Im sorry but i can clarified about root as i would like cause i dont do and really dont miss but i know that fact, you can read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2444957

Cheers!
<<<<<
My phones r only a passenger....
>>>>>>
 
Julianocas
Old
#10  
Julianocas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 302
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
Hi, I'm new to Motorola devices. Rooting and going back to stock was fairly easy on Samsung phones. I'm coming from a Galaxy S4 (terrible battery life, lag all around) and I'm pretty lost here now, haha hahaha. Why did you need to unlock the bootloader to flash the AT&T version? Isn't it the same model as ours? XT1058

Enviado de meu GT-I9082L usando Tapatalk
The point is that Samsung devices already have bootloader unlocked or you will do it easily some time in the process to root, change kernel or things like that.

The Moto X comes with the bootloader locked for non developer devices, causing you to release these locks in order to flash some other carrier firmware.

Its simple as hell, but will cause you to loose the warranty.

Until now I'm patient about the Moto BR release time. But, if I see no efforts to release it until the end of this year, I will unlock and flash the at&t one... even tough the carrier name at top left notification sucks.

My guess is that camera had improve some how and I'm anxious to test it.
Phone: Motorola Moto X
Old: Sony Xperia ZL > Samsung Galaxy SIII > Samsung Galaxy SII > iPhone 3GS...

Tags
brazil, kitkat, xt1058
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes