Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X for 0.01 June 9 off contract

Tip us?

runtohell121
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Anyone received their $0.01 back from Motorola? I haven't... No email about it being received but wasn't charged full either. I finally got some emails about feedbacks today and afterwards, I got another email with "Congratulations! Meet your Moto X." in the context...
Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone 2G -> Nokia Xpress 5800 -> iPhone 4 -> Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-i777) -> iPhone 4 -> Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-i747) -> iPhone 5 -> iPhone 5S

br0adband
Old
Thanks Meter 355
I don't recall them offering to give the penny back, the deal as I understand it was "Pay us one cent, get to use a Moto X for 14 days..." so, we paid one cent to demo the phone for up to 14 days.

Or did I read something incorrectly?
Currently using nothing at all...

anonymous-bot
Old
Thanks Meter 13
According to their FAQ if you return the phone they will supposedly return the penny.
Quote:
Why do you require a credit card during checkout? And why is the balance $.01?

After you enter your unique promo code during checkout, the balance due will be $.01. This is so we can gather your credit card information to use in the event you would like to keep the phone at the end of the trial. This also allows us to make sure the credit card works.

We will only charge you the retail price of the phone (and any accessories you purchased) if you do not return the phone at the end of the 14-day trial. If you do return the phone, we’ll return your $.01.
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
And with any app on XDA, if it goes more than a week without an update, it's nearly abandoned lol

runtohell121
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Yeah.. Some people on other forums got their $0.01 back. Not sure about email since I heard Motorola didn't send out emails when they're supposed to for receiving your phone when you return it... So I'm not really sure what's going on, if it's processed yet or not, just wondering if anyone else on the same boat as me.. To be a bit specific, mine was the bamboo edition phone which for returns, you were supposed to call(?)
Sony Ericsson K700i -> Sony Ericsson W810i -> iPhone 2G -> Nokia Xpress 5800 -> iPhone 4 -> Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-i777) -> iPhone 4 -> Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-i747) -> iPhone 5 -> iPhone 5S

anonymous-bot
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have not received an email from Motorola about the return but did receive the "Congratulations! Meet your Moto X." one. Also I checked my account and they have indeed given me my penny back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
And with any app on XDA, if it goes more than a week without an update, it's nearly abandoned lol