Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Turn your Moto X into a basic wired network troubleshooting tool

Tip us?

UncleMike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Turn your Moto X into a basic wired network troubleshooting tool

I just got in a Micro USB to USB OTG Adapter Cable ($4), Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter ($13) and Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter ($25) from Amazon, and both Ethernet adapters work with the OTG cable on my Moto X!

Plug either adapter in and upon establishing a connection, Wifi turns off (if it was on) and the wired interface becomes the default interface and default route. Remove the adapter and everything reverts to the way it was.

Most apps I tried with the wired connection worked fine, but some did not - most notably Fing Network Tools. I was really hoping that Fing Network Tools would work better than it does with the wired connection. I've already made suggestions to the Fing developers to better accommodate wired connections.

For $17 you can turn your Moto X into a basic network troubleshooting tool for wired connections using LanDroid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UncleMike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
I just got in a Micro USB to USB OTG Adapter Cable ($4), Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter ($13) and Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter ($25) from Amazon, and both Ethernet adapters work with the OTG cable on my Moto X!

Plug either adapter in and upon establishing a connection, Wifi turns off (if it was on) and the wired interface becomes the default interface and default route. Remove the adapter and everything reverts to the way it was.

Most apps I tried with the wired connection worked fine, but some did not - most notably Fing Network Tools. I was really hoping that Fing Network Tools would work better than it does with the wired connection. I've already made suggestions to the Fing developers to better accommodate wired connections.

For $17 you can turn your Moto X into a basic network troubleshooting tool for wired connections using LanDroid.
Thanks for the heads-up! This could be VERY useful
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root