XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X Development

Tip us?

kungpowchicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Moto X Development

You'd think for the first 100% Google phone, there'd be more ROMs, whether it be ports or from scratch. Hell, even Cyanogen has neglected it. We have to nag people like dhacker, and the just doesn't seem fair.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ones available but we crack-flashers need just a tad more selection, can I get an AMEN?

finalarcadia
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpowchicken View Post
You'd think for the first 100% Google phone, there'd be more ROMs, whether it be ports or from scratch. Hell, even Cyanogen has neglected it. We have to nag people like dhacker, and the just doesn't seem fair.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ones available but we crack-flashers need just a tad more selection, can I get an AMEN?
First phone where custom ROMs would be detrimental to stock, seeing as we'd lose out on great features. Just use gravity box and good to go.
Some kernel development would be nice though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finalarcadia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalarcadia View Post
First phone where custom ROMs would be detrimental to stock, seeing as we'd lose out on great features. Just use gravity box and good to go.
yeah, franco or faux would be nice for sure, but its not happening

kungpowchicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalarcadia View Post
Already using GravityBox. Just updated to 2.8.1 today. I'm just thinking even tweaks to stock. Kinda like Eclipse. And, yeah, kernel tweaks would be great, too.

amathophobia
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I agree a kernel would be amazing. Someone should start a bounty thread.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2937

DONATE TO ME
ROMs and kernels are less of a necessity when the stock software is good.

Sent from my Moto X DE
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1642
I plan on leaving 4.2.2 alone. My phone is perfect. Lag free. Great battery. And adobe flash works great. I use xposed, so it's just like being on a custom rom in the end. Yes, boot loader is unlocked and I'm rooted.

I see no reason to change it at all..... Aside from being a flashaholic that just can't resist the latest version and custom roms.

Not me.... Unless something amazing comes along in an updated version..... I'm leaving this thing right where it is.

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone...