Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X, G, E - 4.4.4 KitKat Rollout

Tip us?

roaddaw9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just got a update download that started. Verizon in Michigan. I did a force update check

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Restola
Old
(Last edited by Restola; Today at 02:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddaw9 View Post
I just got a update download that started. Verizon in Michigan. I did a force update check

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Same here in also in Michigan. Will share the ota shortly.

edit *

Verizon 4.4.2->4.4.4 OTA

http://goo.gl/OXv8yz

md5
9CAB2F9B9EEFE4A56E34EA6B07DF9652
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaykresge
Old
Thanks Meter 395
I found this a bit amusing. I have a Verison Moto G (8GB, model XT1028) used primarily as a toy for my 4 year old son. Got it for $50. I also have the unlocked GSM edition Moto X XT1053. The Verizon Moto G updated to 4.4.4 today, while my Moto X is on 4.4.3.

As I've stated before, I understand why this is. But, I can still be amused by it

fredaroony
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Nothing for the XT1052...this is getting boring when carrier devices are getting updated before a non carrier unlocked phone.

Mykalmunlight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restola View Post
Same here in also in Michigan. Will share the ota shortly.

edit *

Verizon 4.4.2->4.4.4 OTA

http://goo.gl/OXv8yz

md5
9CAB2F9B9EEFE4A56E34EA6B07DF9652
Flashed OTA. Still have root! [emoji122]

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykalmunlight View Post
Flashed OTA. Still have root! [emoji122]
Is your bootloader unlocked?
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Quote of the year:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Well Google now doesn't work worth an iPhone. .I've spoken those last two lines ADB shell commands out loud for the past 15 minutes and I don't get root

mawells787
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Is there anyone that is not part of the official soak test that could chime in on experience so far. And I don't mean battery life because that's subjective and its too early to tell anyways.

But more like touchless / active notf. Ect that either working better/worse or the same.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Not part of soak. I downloaded and installed the OTA ZIP posted in this thread.

I have a Dev Ed, boot loader unlocked, and rooted. I flashed stock recovery back, I had renamed a few APK files (backup assist related) and I had to name them back, then installed the OTA zip.

Went well, so far so good, but I only flashed this morning, so not long enough to know if its better or worse
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tcrews
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawells787 View Post
Is there anyone that is not part of the official soak test that could chime in on experience so far. And I don't mean battery life because that's subjective and its too early to tell anyways.

But more like touchless / active notf. Ect that either working better/worse or the same.
Not part of SOAK, Verizon Moto X Dev Edition, rooted, Xposed, TWRP recovery, Titanium Backup frozen apps.

Disabled Xposed, Flashed stock Recovery, installed the OTA.zip posted in this thread. After boot, re-enabled Xposed and the modules I used.

Just installed this morning, not much to report at this time. Moto Alert is included (there is an update in the Play Store), looks like Cloud Print has been updated as the Play Store no longer shows an update available.
http://android.snkbitten.com/
Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all rooted)
Motorola Moto X DevEd - KK 4.4.2 + Root
Google Nexus 10 - KK 4.4.2 + Root