Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 47,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X, G, E - 4.4.4 KitKat Rollout

Tip us?

kenrw7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unless it us being released according to imei batches

isaakmg
Old
(Last edited by isaakmg; Today at 07:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
The problem should be obvious. If the ONE country-branded ROM gets an update first, lets say to 4.4.4 (lets just say the UK variant - it has an OTA to 4.4.4), and the Country-branded ROM that YOU are on (of the same Model number...lets say the FR variant) doesn't have it yet, consider this:

It normally takes WEEKS or even MONTHS for the "FULL SBF" to be leaked...

1. You're using the FR variant, with the FR firmware at 4.4.2
2. You flash FULL SBF for another country-branded variant....lets say "UK" firmware which is on 4.4.2 because it has an OTA to 4.4.4 available and you JUST CAN'T WAIT to try out 4.4.4 ("Ouuuuu, shiny NEW Android version.....me likes and wants to try!!!!")
3. You take the available OTA to bring you up to 4.4.4
4. You decide you want to go back your original FR country-branded firmware for ANY reason, EVEN if they have the OTA to 4.4.4 at this point now, too...
5. There is NO FULL SBF available! It's not been leaked yet! Only the 4.4.2 full SBF is available....
6. You attempt to flash your original country-based firmware (the 4.4.2 one -- because you can't FLASH AN OTA to change back -- ONLY AN SBF CAN CHANGE YOU BACK). It won't succeed! So you decide to do it manually, skipping motoboot.img, and gpt.bin (because you CAN NOT DOWNGRADE THEM).
7. If you managed to NOT brick by doing this, you are at EXTREME RISK of bricking when you take your PROPER OTA to 4.4.4

This won't be a problem as long as the FULL SBF has been leaked already....but there is always risk, regardless. You could end up having to wait weeks or months before the FULL SBF becomes available...

Do you understand? An OTA is not a full flash, it doesn't work that way. So there's NO GOING BACK until the ENTIRE FULL SBF is leaked. Not without GREAT RISK. @KJ is 100% spot-on...

flash fairy
I'm not silly.... :/

Is normal that the ota zip isn't a full ROM stock.......

The problem is only you....

XT1052 is the same in France, Germany, UK or others variants Retail Sbf for XT1052......

The ota 4.4.4 verizon is for verizon sbf 4.4.2

The ota 4.4.4 Retail france is for Retail France 4.4.2

tkelly0727
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrw7 View Post
I have the same f/w and no update available. My phone is carrier free and on stock f/w, not rooted, locked BL.

tkelly0727 what carrier are you with?
I'm with o2 but flashed the retail GB firmware
Phone:Motorola Moto G
Stock: Stock 4.3

Tablet:Nexus 7 2012
Rom: Stock 4.4

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaakmg View Post

XT1052 is the same in France, Germany, UK or others variants Retail Sbf for XT1052......

NONE of which (except for verizon) have a FULL SBF for 4.4.4, NONE OF THE XT1052 variants. Meaning once on 4.4.4, there is NO SWITCHING.......UNTIL the FULL SBF is released.

All I can do now is "LOL".....since you obviously don't understand.

stupidity
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images (2).jpg - [Click for QR Code] (14.2 KB, 147 views)
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

kenrw7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well I have carrier free and with tesco (O2) network and the update is not available. So they must releasing according imei no. as they would be assigned to O2 by motorola. No matter what f/w you install.

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Default 4.4.4 arrives on Verizon moto x

Sorry if this was already posted or something but I just got it like 20min ago. I don't see any new bloatware but it was a hefty 180mb and says only about the camera was updated and the newer android L'ish dialpad. Honestly this new dial pad is great but I like the older one more possibly. Cant test out the camera since its 1am.

"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.2) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

isaakmg
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
NONE of which (except for verizon) have a FULL SBF for 4.4.4, NONE OF THE XT1052 variants. Meaning once on 4.4.4, there is NO SWITCHING.......UNTIL the FULL SBF is released.

All I can do now is "LOL".....since you obviously don't understand.

stupidity
No comment....

I prefer..... Stupid is your *****

No comment.....

KidJoe
Old
(Last edited by KidJoe; Today at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaakmg View Post

Right, if an update for a UK XT1052 is the same as for a FR XT1052, i.e. same system version, kernel, build number, etc. Then sure, its ok to flash. To be honest, this person might have had better luck if they had a Brazil 4.4.4 SBF to flash back to after flashing the Verizon 4.4.4, which we don't yet.

And yes, the OTA zip does validation checks before installing, and should fail if the build.prop and strings contained it in, do not match. (safe guard so that you can't easily install the OTA.zip from Verizon XT1060 to say an ATT XT1058.)

But the real problem is for those who do NOT wait, take any update or full SBF/FXZ that is available (even if its not for their phone model and carrier), and flash it to their phone (in the case of the OTA, some editing can be done to it so it can be applied if you have an unlocked bootloader), then decide for whatever reason (something doesn't work, they don't like it, they just want back on their stock carrier rom) to try to flash back to a leaked SBF that may not be as new as the update they just flashed.

In the linked thread, someone with a BRAZIL Non-Verizon phone, flashed the Verizon 4.4.4 update (likely using the FXZ). Had problems with radio (probably since the Verizon radio/modem files don't support the same bands), so tried to flash back to their original BRAZIL carrier's rom via SBF which was 4.4.2 (since there is no BR 4.4.4 SBF leaked yet), then an ATT US rom which is was 4.4.3??(I didn't know there was a 4.4.3 for ATT??) which messed up their phone to a point where it might not be able to be recovered.

That is a problem we've seen to often. People just flashing, without knowing, even though warnings keep getting posted.

The main issue to understand there is no downgrading (4.4.4 to 4.4.3 is a no go. 4.4.3 to 4.4.2 is a no go. 4.4.4 to 4.4.2 is a no go, 4.4.2 to 4.4.0 is a no go, etc.) without a major risk of bricking your phone.

That person not only downgraded, they mixed ROMs from incompatible phone models.

NOTE: The only time it was safe to downgrade the X was 4.4.0 to 4.2.2 w/camera update, because the GPT.BIN and MOTOBOOT.IMG was the same between those two roms only. When these files have changed between versions, they have prevented SAFE and successful downgrading.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-