Moto X Maker website down

OP wkearney99

23rd May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bethesda, MD
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
More
Tried buying a Moto X this afternoon and it wouldn't checkout. Not from IE, chrome, ipad safari or the browser on a D4. After half hour pointless web chat with 'Sarah" at Motorola, they opened a ticked and suggested I 'try again in 30 minutes'.

45 later and now it won't even bring up the Maker, It just smugly reports "Hi there. Moto Maker is getting a tune up. Please check back again soon."

From bad to worse.

I'm just trying to get the wife's birthday present ordered... get the damned website working again so I can get back to the mountain of other things on my To Do list...
23rd May 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,941

13,579 posts
More
Perhaps contacting them would help? No one here can do anything.
23rd May 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 92

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99

Tried buying a Moto X this afternoon and it wouldn't checkout. Not from IE, chrome, ipad safari or the browser on a D4. After half hour pointless web chat with 'Sarah" at Motorola, they opened a ticked and suggested I 'try again in 30 minutes'.

45 later and now it won't even bring up the Maker, It just smugly reports "Hi there. Moto Maker is getting a tune up. Please check back again soon."

From bad to worse.

I'm just trying to get the wife's birthday present ordered... get the damned website working again so I can get back to the mountain of other things on my To Do list...

MotoMaker is back up, no reason to panic dude. I understand you're busy but companies need to tune-up their websites in order to fix issues. With all due respect, they don't work around your schedule, and I'm sure Motorola has a much, much longer to-do list.
23rd May 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Bethesda, MD
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny39

MotoMaker is back up, no reason to panic dude. I understand you're busy but companies need to tune-up their websites in order to fix issues. With all due respect, they don't work around your schedule, and I'm sure Motorola has a much, much longer to-do list.

Websites in production have no business being "tuned" live. No panic involved, just venting frustration with companies touting web features but failing to maintain them as accessible for quite a long period of time. Sure, we've all got a lot to do, not sure insulting other members helps the process for anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to wkearney99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread