Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X Maker website down

Tip us?

wkearney99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down Moto X Maker website down

Tried buying a Moto X this afternoon and it wouldn't checkout. Not from IE, chrome, ipad safari or the browser on a D4. After half hour pointless web chat with 'Sarah" at Motorola, they opened a ticked and suggested I 'try again in 30 minutes'.

45 later and now it won't even bring up the Maker, It just smugly reports "Hi there. Moto Maker is getting a tune up. Please check back again soon."

From bad to worse.

I'm just trying to get the wife's birthday present ordered... get the damned website working again so I can get back to the mountain of other things on my To Do list...

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2718
Perhaps contacting them would help? No one here can do anything.
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 3 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

danny39
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
Tried buying a Moto X this afternoon and it wouldn't checkout. Not from IE, chrome, ipad safari or the browser on a D4. After half hour pointless web chat with 'Sarah" at Motorola, they opened a ticked and suggested I 'try again in 30 minutes'.

45 later and now it won't even bring up the Maker, It just smugly reports "Hi there. Moto Maker is getting a tune up. Please check back again soon."

From bad to worse.

I'm just trying to get the wife's birthday present ordered... get the damned website working again so I can get back to the mountain of other things on my To Do list...
MotoMaker is back up, no reason to panic dude. I understand you're busy but companies need to tune-up their websites in order to fix issues. With all due respect, they don't work around your schedule, and I'm sure Motorola has a much, much longer to-do list.
Motorola Moto X 32GB (Navy/Silver/Black) (BL Unlocked)(Current)
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity w/ Dock (CM11)
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB (Black Mist) (Rooted)(Backup Device)
Just because it has Corning Gorilla Glass™ doesn't mean it won't break/scratch, it is glass after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplague1347 View Post
B-BUT IT HAS GIRILLA GLASS! IT TOUGH! NO BREAK. NO BREAK GURILLA
GLASS. GARILLA BIG TOUGH MONKEY! GLASS BIG AND TOUGH TOO!

wkearney99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny39 View Post
MotoMaker is back up, no reason to panic dude. I understand you're busy but companies need to tune-up their websites in order to fix issues. With all due respect, they don't work around your schedule, and I'm sure Motorola has a much, much longer to-do list.
Websites in production have no business being "tuned" live. No panic involved, just venting frustration with companies touting web features but failing to maintain them as accessible for quite a long period of time. Sure, we've all got a lot to do, not sure insulting other members helps the process for anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to wkearney99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]