FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Rooting Verizon 4.4.2

22nd February 2014, 05:34 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I lost root when updating to 4.4.2 on my Verizon moto x. Does anyone know how to get it back?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
 
 
22nd February 2014, 05:58 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow275

I lost root when updating to 4.4.2 on my Verizon moto x. Does anyone know how to get it back?

There is no way at this time and probably never will be because jcase is not going to try to find a way.

What did you do that you lost root? Others are reporting that they kept root when they updated.
22nd February 2014, 06:10 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I was stupid and restored 4.4 without checking if I still had root. Had to restore because I uninstalled some bliatware and the update wouldn't take. So I'm stranded without root forever?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2014, 06:39 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow275

I was stupid and restored 4.4 without checking if I still had root. Had to restore because I uninstalled some bliatware and the update wouldn't take. So I'm stranded without root forever?

OK, just so I understand, you did a factory reset to restore to 4.4 and then were unrooted and took the 4.4.2 OTA?

As for forever, well, who knows maybe Jcase can be persuaded to work on it, but he still has to find a way even if he were so inclined. As of now, once you upgrade to the 4.4.2 bootloader, no one has a way to downgrade it to 4.4. And since Slap My Moto relies on downgrading 4.4. to the post camera 4.2.2, there is no way to root 4.4.2 with a locked bootloader.

The sale on the Dev Eds is still on until tomorrow. You can always get root with a Dev Ed. You could sell your current phone to help pay for the Dev Ed.
22nd February 2014, 08:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I had to sbf back to 4.4 because I uninstalled some apps using TiBu. It seems way faster now...battery I'd the main thing I care about. How can I jeep 5+ hours screen on time without root or turning off features?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2014, 08:44 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow275

I had to sbf back to 4.4 because I uninstalled some apps using TiBu. It seems way faster now...battery I'd the main thing I care about. How can I jeep 5+ hours screen on time without root or turning off features?

sorry posted wrong.
Last edited by Cozume; 22nd February 2014 at 08:49 AM.
23rd February 2014, 06:31 AM |#7  
aFancyTickler's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
if you sbf back to 4.4 then go back to 4.2.2 and do the root thing over and just update like normal. thats if you can still sbf to 4.2.2
23rd February 2014, 06:40 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaR_x_KhAoS

if you sbf back to 4.4 then go back to 4.2.2 and do the root thing over and just update like normal. thats if you can still sbf to 4.2.2

He upgraded to 4.4.2. If he tries to sbf back to 4.4 he will brick his phone.

WARNING


Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime


the only OTA that can downgrade is 4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam

here is what we know right now that might make more sense

4.4 to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick
4.2.2 Post Cam to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick.
4.4.2 to to anything will Brick
4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam you are ok

23rd February 2014, 03:25 PM |#9  
kbluhm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozume

There is no way at this time and probably never will be because jcase is not going to try to find a way.

What did you do that you lost root? Others are reporting that they kept root when they updated.

All those that I have seen report keeping root later said that they lost R/W access, which makes having root useless.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 04:25 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbluhm

All those that I have seen report keeping root later said that they lost R/W access, which makes having root useless.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Users report that xposed will survive a soft reboot, so theres that...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes