Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 37,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto X wireless charging added internally(and it works!)

Tip us?

gitit20
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I did this with a palm touchstone says its charging but does not at all. Was at 13% when I hooked it up checked it 20 min later was down to 10‰ just hopeing it is not borked...

ohiomoto
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Didn't work with my Touchstone either.

_litz
Old
Thanks Meter 204

DONATE TO ME
Pretty sure the touchstones (both for the phones and the touchpad tablet) are proprietary to Palm devices only ...
Been playing with android since the Droid Incredible ...

ohiomoto
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by _litz View Post
Pretty sure the touchstones (both for the phones and the touchpad tablet) are proprietary to Palm devices only ...
I've used them on several other Android devices including my Galaxy Nexus

Here is a link to a guide I posted a couple of years ago that was used by many: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ing-phone.html

donslade
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The Palm Touchstone wireless charger(s) use a proprietary system unique to Palm devices. It is not compatible with devices that adhere to the Qi wireless charging standard.

The guide posted is to add the wireless charging coil from a Palm device to a phone that originally did not have it. This will then allow the phone to use the Touchstone charger. This mod does not make the phone Qi compatible not does it make a Qi compatible phone work with the Touchstone charger.

ohiomoto
Old
(Last edited by ohiomoto; 14th August 2014 at 06:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by donslade View Post
The Palm Touchstone wireless charger(s) use a proprietary system unique to Palm devices. It is not compatible with devices that adhere to the Qi wireless charging standard.

The guide posted is to add the wireless charging coil from a Palm device to a phone that originally did not have it. This will then allow the phone to use the Touchstone charger. This mod does not make the phone Qi compatible not does it make a Qi compatible phone work with the Touchstone charger.
Had it working the same way on an Samsung S3 and I have seen it done on a Nexus 4.

gitit20
Old
(Last edited by gitit20; 18th August 2014 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
The touch stone is working fine I soldered a micro USB cable to it and plugged it in that way and placed it on the stone and it charged at a normal rate. further looking I've descovered the problem the tap in point showen in the op for the 5 volts is the secondary regulator for charging the battery the phone can not detect how many amps is being delivered to the phone thus the unstable charging some times I've been looking for the primary charging regulator but I've been unable to locate it I'm not willing to remove my Shields this is my only phone I have right now if some one can post high res pics of the board with the shields off I can look further to find the main power tap for charging...

No disrespect to the op at all great start hope I can figure out where to tap it in at for a better charging wirelessly.